Samsung Galaxy tab email. Gmail only?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just spent some bucks on this tab for the simple reason of bigger buttons and screen. Unfortunately you can't sync many of the apps I have on my motorola phone. For instance messenger. Have Gmail but would be nice to send messages without data. My games also are not downloading and if I download a game I already have on my phone the profile I've had for a year is gone. Waste of money so far. Bringing back to store and getting my money back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Samsung tablet do you have? Which messenger are you talking about on your Moto phone -- the stock SMS messaging app, or Facebook Messenger, or some other kind of messaging platform like Telegram?

You can't use wi-fi only tablets for SMS, since that requires telephony. You can use other messaging platforms like Hangouts or Telegram, which only require wi-fi -- but this means the other person has to use that platform as well.

As long as you log into the tablet with the same Google account as the Moto phone, you should still be able to install the same apps from the Play Store that you purchased and installed previously. However, some apps may not be compatible with the tablet for various reasons, and not all games save their progress to the cloud. If the game only saves its progress locally, then you typically can't transfer that game progress to another device.