This is a weird one. I was using Google Voice for my main number for years. I finally decided to port my Google Voice number to my cell phone on T-Mobile. Every since porting I can no longer receive texts from people with Verizon phones. I can send text to those people and they receive them but I can not receive messages from them. I've tested with several people on other carriers and send/receive works. I believe all of the phones that work are on GSM networks (like my T Mobile) so not sure if it's Verizon specific or CDMA vs GSM.

I reset my phone, tried several Text apps, tried deleting contacts and re adding them and have had T Mobile reflash my sim several times. I'm at a loss and so is T-Mobile support so seeing if anyone has ideas.
    11-28-2018 03:23 PM
    I'm having the same exact issue... Very frustrating. I've tried updating the APN settings to several different options, but still no luck. Can't receive anything from Verizon users (prepaid included like Visible). MMS works, data works, regular SMS text works from all other carriers (AT&T, T-mobile, Google Voice, etc) but nothing with Verizon. Using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
    11-28-2018 05:22 PM
    I'm having the same exact issue. Found this on another forum: "Your best bet is to have your friends on Verizon contact Verizon and tell them some messages are not being delivered...Chances are, Verizon has some out of date record saying they should still try and deliver SMS to Google."

Going to have a friend try this out, but wonder if anyone has already tried this?
    12-06-2018 12:18 PM
    I'm having the same exact issue. Found this on another forum: "Your best bet is to have your friends on Verizon contact Verizon and tell them some messages are not being delivered...Chances are, Verizon has some out of date record saying they should still try and deliver SMS to Google."

Going to have a friend try this out, but wonder if anyone has already tried this?
    I've escalated it as far as it can go with both my carrier and Verizon. The texts were traced and never hit my carriers network (AT&T). Verizon's network team now has it and is researching. The SMS don't hit Verizon's "clearing house" so they aren't routing to my carrier because of it
    12-07-2018 04:27 PM
    Have you checked the Google Voice Unlock page associated with your account and confirmed the settings are correct after the porting?
    12-07-2018 07:14 PM