Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung galaxy s9 and no matter which browser i use, my google.searches are save even though I paused.it in My Activity. You searched for this before.. When I click on the search box on my browser home page, which is google,
    all my recent searches come up. I can delete them, but they keep on being saved. Anyway to stop this? If I click on the "x" to individually delete one of the recently search ed items I get this message. "Deleting(recent search) from your history will. Permanently remove it from your device" Samsung internet and Opera mobile are doing the same.. (i also try Firefox, Chrome and same result) Is there any way to stop recent searches from being saved?
    12-03-2018 10:58 AM
    If you use Google to search for something, Google saves the search (and evidently links it to your device - by IP, by MAC, by something). There's nothing you can do about that - they've been doing that since Google Search started. For all the things we see coming from Google these days, they're still primarily a data company - they keep every byte of data they ever get.

You can stop searches from being saved on your phone, you can delete all searches done on your phone - but you can't delete the searches from the search engine you use, whether it's Google, Bing, Duck Duck Go, or any other one.
    12-03-2018 01:48 PM
    Thx you for you reply, the problem is when i use another smartphone (i tried Iphone, LG) or PC site google.com not save my recent searches. ITs only saves in this samsung s9 no matter which browser i use, so i have to delete it every time manualy. For example if i use other searching engines/websites like duckduck or bing everything its ok, my recent activity is not saving. Any ideas what can be wrong?
    12-04-2018 01:07 AM