HotSpot Usage.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Okay so, whenever I connect my mobile hotspot to my lap top it drains my hot spot data so fast, and it was just connected, I wasn't running anything on my lap top either, this same applies to any device that it is connected to, do you know why it's draining my hot spot data that fast? It has never done this to me before, if you know how to fix it or what is happening would be appreciated. Thanks.

A

Android Central Question

HotSpot Usage #2

Okay, I get around 11 gigabytes of high speed a month for my mobile hot spot, and about every 30minutes it uses around 1.2gigabytes. Answering back to the guy that answered me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads. Please register on this forum so that you can carry on a discussion by replying within the thread you created. It will not work well to create a new thread as a guest for each new response. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

If this amount of data is used only while the laptop is connected to your hotspot, then something on the laptop is the culprit. Open the Windows Task Manager to see what's currently active.