How do I stop text messages from showing in call log?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Who ever sends me a text copies in my recent call log

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What kind of phone do you have? My mom has a Samsung phone and it does this, too. I am unsure if this is a setting that can be changed - unless you download a launcher, perhaps. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this subject will respond with assistance!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
open ur phone app, tap on recents. tap the 3 dots beside the search icon. tap hide messages and the text notifications will disappear from your call log

Just so you know - this is not an option on my Google Pixel 2 XL. This is why we ask what device the individual has, not all options are available on all devices. As the guest poster that asked this nearly a year ago never came back to clarify, we simply can't provide and answer to help them.

gooch1313

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
open ur phone app, tap on recents. tap the 3 dots beside the search icon. tap hide messages and the text notifications will disappear from your call log

OMG THANK YOU!!!! This just started with the last update I did on my Note 9. Which is one of the reasons I have not done the more recent one. I was going nuts trying to figure out how to stop it. SO ANNOYING!! Especially since I really DON'T like this phone much and have to wait until December to trade it in. My Note 3 AND 4 were WAY better and STILL work. The only reason I upgraded is because I got a FitBit and my 4 was NOT compatable.

RichardH1233

Aug 2, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for posting your answer, I'm new to technology and had no clue how to fix the annoying text messages in my call logs. I'm very happy I found your thread and you explained it so simple for people like myself who don't know much about tech, thank you again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for posting your answer, I'm new to technology and had no clue how to fix the annoying text messages in my call logs. I'm very happy I found your thread and you explained it so simple for people like myself who don't know much about tech, thank you again.
Welcome to AC!
Glad you found this helpful

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app