Why did the black areas of my screen turn iridescent green

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I don't really know how it happened but I pulled out my phone from my pocket and the black areas of my screen were iridescent green; I could see everything clearly but the RGB green looked like it was dominating my screen.
I patted the back while I restarted my phone and loosened up the case because I thought it was getting squeezed. Once it was done restarting the abnormality was gone but I'm very worried it's gonna come back worse.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It might have been an issue with the screen or its connector, which might be loose. To be safe, make sure all of your important data is backed up or synced, in case this is a warning sign of impending screen failure. Then consider bringing it to a repair shop (or, if you're handy, you could try opening the phone up yourself and checking the connection).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could also be a problem with putting pressure on the screen - not enough to break anything, but enough to make it act funny for a while. Just keep watching that area of the screen from time to time, to make sure it doesn't come back and get larger. (If it does, the screen is broken and would have to be replaced.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez