My phone is stuck in a loop

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a samsung s7. I am trying to update the oculus gear vr, but everytime i hit update now it processes, closes then reopens the update now screen. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling. I can't play any of the gear vr games because it won't update.

vgj

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't have a Samsung phone, but I have run a Coolpad, Android 4.4.4, a Unimax U673C, Android 6.0.1 with malware straight from the manufacturer and now a ZTE, Android 7.1.1, all with removable battery.

I'm assuming you can use the telephone for phone calls and texts, but you need this update to be able to play games. Install an antivirus and run a scan, install Malwarebytes and run a scan to make sure that isn't an issue.

Perhaps you can restart in safe mode, which should be accessible by doing a long-press on Power-Off menu item. Clear cache, perhaps go into apps and clear data. When done, restart the phone normally. ("Safe Mode" should appear on the screen bottom corner when in Safe Mode.)

Safe mode restricts access to some resources on the phone, preventing access to downloaded apps from the store, access to the wi-fi and SD card. You have use of the manufacturer''s core apps and cell data and phone and text service. Empty cache, perhaps empty some app data to rid yourself of some corruption and let these apps start fresh. You can even disable them, installing the factory version, then let them update again. You probably should restart in normal mode to regain your wi-fi for running these updates.

I don't know if you can install that update from safe mode -- try it. That will cost you cell data.

I hope my info will help. I cannot guarantee anything.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87