I have Kaspersky internet security app downloaded & have even turned access off to all apps from cellular & WiFi. Also Anti-Spy vs 3.1.0
    All background & unlimited data Access is denied. I live alone, am asleep & will have airplane mode on, cell data off & WiFi off including auto connect. Google play services & play store are the main ones using 600 to 800 MB in just 6 to 8 hrs. Duo & Email can't disable or uninstall, though had that option few months ago & runs & use data even after force stop. About 5 minutes later it has started & used about 400 KB background,200 foreground.
    03-13-2019 05:18 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Is there a specific reason you're concerned about the data usage?

In general, data monitoring programs that are based on the phone itself can be unreliable. With it effectively in airplane mode, no data can transmit, so we know those numbers you're seeing are wrong. It could be that the monitoring app is seeing the email and other apps trying to send out communication to their servers without realizing those communications never left the phone.

If your carrier has a way to track your data usage, that's what you want to check. They not only track mobile data accurately (home isp's generally don't have data limits, so no need to worry there), but can also tell what data should and shouldn't be charged to your limit. Some carriers allow you to use some services, like music or video streaming apps, without counting against your data limit. Third party apps can't differentiate those services and just count everything.

I would also not worry about having anti-malware installed on your phone. As long as you stick to apps from Google Play, don't visit shady websites, don't install random apps because a pop-up told you to, etc, the chances of you getting infected on Android are slim to none. Android requires you to specifically grant permission to install apps, so it's next to impossible to be infected the same way you could on a PC. I won't say you're 100% safe, but safe enough that tons of us don't bother with those apps because they are a waste of resources.

If you ever do see a pop-up or something from a website claiming you're infected, ignore it. This is one of the most common types of infection. There is no built in way to check your phone via a website pop-up, and even the best legit apps can't do it as quick as the pop-up claims. Those ads scare you into installing a random app claiming to fix this false problem. They will not be available in the Play store and their site will try getting you to set your phone up to accept it directly from them. DON'T! At best, it's just a scam with some fancy animations to take your money. At worse, those apps to fix your "problem" could be malware themselves.
    03-13-2019 09:36 PM
    Thanks. And I'm not sure what I did to get to your reply but thank you
    03-15-2019 10:39 PM
    I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but I will verify everything is off & wake up to go to work & my cell data is one. Right now I'm having to turn my WiFi off every 5 minutes. Just turns itself on
    03-15-2019 10:42 PM