Ride share app crashing when in drivers mode on Note 8 with Android 9 Pie.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I'm a ride share driver who's just updated my phone to Androud 9 pie (supplied update) and I find that where my app previosly worked properly with Android 8, now it instantly stops running but only when I try to log on as a driver by touching the "give rides" button from the opening default of the app being in passenger mode. It's a dual purpose app for drivers and passengers and whatever the mode the app is left in on another device, that's the mode that it will reopen in if I reinstall the app on my Note 8. As the driver's part of the app is more interactive and the information displayed in the app is from the server feed and not contained in the app itself, I can only conclude that something in Android 9 or the app itself working in Android 9 or an incompatability between the server stream and Android 9, is causing the crashes. My question before I ask our app developer to look into app or server problems, is if there's anything that I van change in the Android 9 settings that may fix the problem? Naturally, I've enabled all the permissions. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Ride share dual purpose driver/rider app that displays driver information from server that crashes when changing to driver mode on Samsung Note 8 running Android 9 Pie.