Lost contacts

JP8296

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Because of my job I do a lot of calls through the day, so today I start noticing the some contacts where diapering. Open the message app, same thing, none of the messages had contacts associated, so I opem the contact app, stock contacts app, go to the accounts settings and my outlook account was gone. Now I can't add it again because the phone says the that account is already linked to the phone and I get an error message. Don't now what to do.

Attachments

• 26760.jpg
    26760.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 9

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What if you go to the main system settings, then Accounts. Is the Outlook account there? If so, select it and see if there's a Contacts sync option, and if so, make sure it's turned on there.

JP8296

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
No the account is not there or anywhere else and I try to add it again I get that error message and another on saying that that account is already linked to the phone/outlook app. Even if I delete de outlook app I get the same error.

JP8296

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Yes I did, but didn't solve the issue. I had to manually import the contacts to my Gmail account, but now I have to go through a infinite list to get one contact because there isn't an option to hide contacts without nunbers, this is ridiculous. I think that I will have to find the time to do a hard reset to solve this.

Last edited:

JP8296

Mar 11, 2019
Visit site
Yes, clear cache, deleted the app a few times and installed it back again, even when I don't have the app installed and try to add the account ond the contact app I get the same error, that that account is already associated to the phone and if I try to di it anyway I get the 'connection time out' error.