Note 8 notification haywire!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My 1.5yr old Note 8 has recently gone crazy with its notifications.
Whatever notification I receive, be it FB messenger, Outlook, WhatsApp, system notification; It's not app specific; the notification noise and vibration sound repeatedly immediately after receiving it.
I will get one message and the sound plays about 10 times, overlapping itself as if I got 10 notifications at once.
It started after installing the Sony Headphone app. It got me to set up Google assistant during the initial set up and the next notification that came through had this problem.
I've tried uninstalling, disabling Google assistant, retore, changing all notification setting (noise, loudness, app specific) nothing has worked and it seems to be being worse. Initially it played the notification about 3 times in quick succession, now its up to about 10, in the space of a week.
Ringtone plays fine as normal.
It's very annoying and now have my phone on silent most of the time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My 1.5yr old Note 8 has recently gone crazy with its notifications.
Whatever notification I receive, be it FB messenger, Outlook, WhatsApp, system notification; It's not app specific; the notification noise and vibration sound repeatedly immediately after receiving it.
I will get one message and the sound plays about 10 times, overlapping itself as if I got 10 notifications at once.
It started after installing the Sony Headphone app. It got me to set up Google assistant during the initial set up and the next notification that came through had this problem.
I've tried uninstalling, disabling Google assistant, retore, changing all notification setting (noise, loudness, app specific) nothing has worked and it seems to be being worse. Initially it played the notification about 3 times in quick succession, now its up to about 10, in the space of a week.
Ringtone plays fine as normal.
It's very annoying and now have my phone on silent most of the time.
Have you tried restarting the phone?