Issues with Android Pie on Samsng A8/2018

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello! Last week, I updated my phone at Android Pie software. Since than, i have a few problems:
- I don.t receive all the calls or sms. Some sms are entering after restart. If i receive a phonecall, then i can.t hear...
- Google bar is not working. I can.t google, I can.t read any article
- Differnet applications (imobiliare, home bank etc.) aren.t working
- Gmail is working partially
- at least Watsapp is it working.

My second phone, Samsung A50 which I bought (2 months ago) straight with Android Pie installed is starting to make problems as:
- USB connected / disconnected while there is no cable connected
- Full baterry charged before sleeping and in the morning the phone was closed with baterry empty.

I did something wrong while installing the new version of Android? I don.t understand.
Are these bugs from the softaware?
How do i fix?
Thank you!! :)

ionelaionela

Jun 22, 2019
Visit site
Hy! I update as my Samsung A8 asked. Install, update, restart.... smtg like this. All the procedure last more than 1h as I remember. I don.t know what is Cache Partition wipes. I am not such a tech person... I just update and half is not working :))

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The A50 - USV connecting and disconnecting is probably dirt in the USB port. (Unless it got wet - then it's a defective port.)

Battery dying during the night could be a terrible phone signal, so the phone is running at full power all the time, it could be a defective battery. (If you regularly let the battery run all the way down, you can totally kill it in a month.)

The A8 - ask your carrier if they can reflash just the update for you. (If the signal is weak, you could have somehow gotten a bad download that wasn't detected.) The phone is still under warranty, so at worst, it has to be replaced. (Back up everything you don't want to lose, have it replaced, restore everything you backed up.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez