All incoming calls from any number in the contact list are blocked with no ringing, no incoming call screen, nothing but a missed call indication. Private numbers or numbers not appearing in contacts are not blocked and ring through normally. Do not disturb, airplane, and call forward are off and ringer is at max vol. The problem only affects incoming calls from numbers that are in the phone's contact list. Once a number is removed from contacts it is no longer blocked and incoming calls from that number ring normally. As soon as the number is restored to contacts it is blocked again. Any idea what could be causing this?
    07-22-2019 09:28 PM
    All incoming calls from any number in the contact list are blocked with no ringing, no incoming call screen, nothing but a missed call indication. Private numbers or numbers not appearing in contacts are not blocked and ring through normally. Do not disturb, airplane, and call forward are off and ringer is at max vol. The problem only affects incoming calls from numbers that are in the phone's contact list. Once a number is removed from contacts it is no longer blocked and incoming calls from that number ring normally. As soon as the number is restored to contacts it is blocked again. Any idea what could be causing this?
    Hi, if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.
    I provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-22-2019 09:29 PM
    If it weren't for your statement that there is no incoming call screen accompanying these calls my first thought is that your default ringtone for contacts is set to silent... However that would still result in at least the idea of an incoming call. Again if not for your statement that deleting and re-adding a number gives the same result I might also think that you've somehow set all of your contacts to blocked or ignore, but adding the number new should exclude at least that number.

As mustang7757 suggested creating an account and posting a bit more information will probably be the best way to for us to offer you advice.

In your reply please include;

Which device do you have?

Which carrier do you use?

Are you using a launcher from the Play Store?

Are you using a dialer from the Play Store?

Have you checked the blocked status of any of your contacts? Open Google contacts, open a contact and scroll down until you see an option to "Block" or "Unblock" the contact. If it says Unblock tap that and test if that contact can now call you.

Have you checked your app permissions to see what has permission to use your phone? It's called phone but actually it refers to the dialer portion of the device. You can find permissions usually under the Applications tab of your settings menu. As a test you could disable all permissions to use the device's phone and test if you can receive calls. Don't worry anything needing permission to use the device's phone will ask again when the app is opened or the need arises, then you can make the choice to allow or deny at that time. Of course if taking away permission restores your calling function you'll have to weigh if that app really needs permission and then monitor your device's function to determine which time permission was granted preceded the contact issue should it return...

And of course anything else you would like to add that you think would be helpful.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-22-2019 10:42 PM
    Just came across this thread... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post6584679

If not from you, do you share any similarities with the OP of that thread?
    07-22-2019 11:16 PM