Has someone changed my software

Dot69

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
I have a j7 star sm-737t1 i recovered documents from my phone and i found some documents that were title "new.old and parse can anyone tell me if this document was tampered with

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a j7 star sm-737t1 i recovered documents from my phone and i found some documents that were title "new.old and parse can anyone tell me if this document was tampered with
If you load your documents for us to look , just block out any personal stuff
Welcome to the forums!

Dot69

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
This is my first time trying to get it up loaded im not a developer i dont know if this doc has personal stuff on because i dont understand what it is.

Let me say this so youll understand
I believe that a person got ahold of my phone the phone is new the day i got it it worked great no problems. The next morning when i got on the phone it was like it had been reset somehow and now its just a pain in the butt i cant enjoy being on my phone. Well yesterday i downloaded a document app and all these documents and files came not sure the name but they were like androidmanifest.new.xml androidmenifest.old xml and parsed.xml i dont understand what there but im assuming that saomething has changed if you could explain if there something i can do to upload i would grwatly be thankful

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I can't speak with 100% certainty on this because I'm not a developer, but I found this article explaining what the manifest file is for.

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/manifest-intro

Long story short, they are legit files that normally shouldn't be seen or accessed by end users. They are meant to work in the background. As to why you are seeing a "new" and "old" file may be to do with how the developer of that associated app keeps track of their updates, but that's just speculation.

What I do know is that it's rather hard to hack into Android, and document recovery apps have a habit of showing every little thing it can find, even files it honestly has no need or business pulling up for you.

For now, I wouldn't worry. There's a lot of stuff that goes on in the background and lots of files a user could access with a little digging that only look suspicious. For example, LG phones have an app with the name "informant" in it that is used by a widget to work right. Normally this app is not visible, but many times people looking for a problem that doesn't exist will find it and immediately think the FBI is spying on them. Actual hackers and malware would not make their presence so easily discovered.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you are concerned about people messing with your phone, then you should have a good screen lock set up -- do you? Make sure your password/PIN/pattern is not easy to guess, and make sure you have it set to lock automatically either as soon as the screen is shut off, or after a very short time (like 30 seconds or less). If you leave your phone wide open for others to tamper with, that's highly preventable.

Dot69

Aug 12, 2019
Visit site
I have a pin code for my sim card i have a pin on my screen lock i havec2 way authenicator which doesnt work on any of my apps i cant get a code sent to my phone for signing up on important apps: like informed mail app cant get a code , the stater bros ditial deal app give me a error code my logins pages always make me login twicei login in then it takes me to another login page . I dont know much about android and im trying to learn this open source stuff everything i need to do anything on my phone wont let me do it can opencsource already be on my phone by someone else

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
can opencsource already be on my phone by someone else

"Open source" just means that the programming code is viewable by the public, and can have changes made. It is not an object, such as an app.

Can you be more specific on your problems? Screenshots would help us understand what's going on better (blanking out any personal info/passwords of course).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez