Why did Samsung make Bixby versions after 2, stupid?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I used to use Bixby every single day. I HAD between 1 & 2 dozen quick commands. There were some minor bugs/annoyances but I got around them. THEN, my S8 Note downloaded & installed the latest phone update w/out even asking me if I was okay w/ it doing so. And in the process it downloaded the latest Bixby (I wanna say version 3). Right then & there,
1. all my quick commands were deleted by stupid Samsung.
2. Most things I ask Bixby to do she either "didn't understand" even after dozens of voice trainings, or she does something completely different than what I said.
Example: there is absolutely no command whatsoever in latest versions of Bixby to open the volume/sound settings panel. Before all I had to do was say open volume or volume settings etc. & it instantly brought me to the screen w/ all 5 or so different volume settings. Now she can't understand or she stupidly sets the volume to the maximum level. Neither of which I said to do. Did Samsung fire all it's good & knowledgeable developers & hire newbies who don't know Jack about programming? Is there ANYTHING I can say to make Bixby open up the volume settings panel? It has been over a damn year of me complaining to Samsung through the email them link in Bixby & nobody has done anything in the numerous "updates" to Bixby (if you can call them updates). The only reply I ever get is "reset your Bixby" NEWSFLASH that don't fraking work! I'm super p!$$ed off because y'all had a good thing & then it's like y'all decided to throw the good thing away & replace it w/ a junk alpha test version & w/out any thought to how you scr3w3d over everyone who had A WORKING version of Bixby!