Internal Memory

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phones internal memory is suddenly being drained and I dont know why. Ive had a steady 2gig free. All of a sudden in the last week or so ive lost a gig of memory and havent downloaded anything or made any changes. Any help, suggestions, or ideas as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Rich98

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
Problems With Internal Memory

I have an LG Optimus Zone 3. My phones internal memory is suddenly being drained and I dont know why. Ive had a steady 2gig free. All of a sudden in the last week or so ive lost a gig of memory and havent downloaded anything or made any changes. Any help, suggestions, or ideas as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Re: Problems With Internal Memory

If it's ram you are referring, go to Settings, Battery, storage, and use the free up space option.
If you're referring to the internal memory, download Data Size Explorer from the play store and see what is using your storage.
Good luck

Rich98

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
Re: Problems With Internal Memory

If it's ram you are referring, go to Settings, Battery, storage, and use the free up space option.
If you're referring to the internal memory, download Data Size Explorer from the play store and see what is using your storage.
Good luck

Thank you. Btw Im not talking about ram.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It says that Google Play services is taking up 1.65gig. Also when I tap apps storage 3.8gigs for downloaded Apps. Ive had these apps for awhile and like I was saying was able to free up 2gig. As of last night 848 megs.
If you have total of 8gb and system taking 4gb and download apps another 3.8gb ...your storage is just about full

Rich98

Apr 3, 2018
Visit site
If you have total of 8gb and system taking 4gb and download apps another 3.8gb ...your storage is just about full

Google play services is showing that the actually app is using. 181meg and the data used 1.46gig. I added up the amount of actual space of the downloaded apps and it doesnt come close to 4gig. Why in the storage graph does it say data used 3.99 gigs. Can I clear the data in the google play services area.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you also check your app cache amounts? Those can creep up over time too.

Text messages can also add up if you donut have the phone set to automatically delete them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That was a barely usable phone 2-1/2 years ago - with only 8GB total storage. You have to be ultra-careful to close every app when you're finished with it, to allow it to clear its cache. (If you use the Home button when you finish using an app, you're assuring that you'll run out of storage.) And now that you've had over 2 years to get used to Android, and decide that you like it, you should get a real phone - at least 64GB of storage. (They make starter phones that will barely run what comes on them, but you don't use them for months, you use them to get used to Android, to see if you like it - then if you do, you buy a real phone.)

If you want to see what you have, install a terminal app, or connect the phone to a PC and run adb and issue the shell command. Then issue the

df

command, and you'll see how much space there is on the emulated or sdcard (that's not the SD card - that's extSdCard) partition - probably not more than 2GB. The rest is used by the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRepairGuy