This has happened before fingerprint works after putting code in. Once again "hacked"?
    09-24-2019 09:45 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-24-2019 09:47 PM
    '"Hacked"'? What do you mean?
    09-24-2019 10:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Most Android phones will periodically ask you for your PIN or pattern, even if the fingerprint sensor is working normally -- this is for increased security.
    09-25-2019 03:55 AM
    Hey bro! Can you describe your situation in more detail in order to give you the right diagnosis?: D
    Has this incident occurred one or more times? Did you wash your hands before picking up the phone? So many questions and so few answers ... I hope you clarify your question because it will be very difficult to help you!
    09-25-2019 09:49 AM
    Hey bro! Can you describe your situation in more detail in order to give you the right diagnosis?: D
    Has this incident occurred one or more times? Did you wash your hands before picking up the phone? So many questions and so few answers ... I hope you clarify your question because it will be very difficult to help you!
    It won't be difficult as we have all the info we need. In this case the phone is a ting normal by wanting periodic password confirmation even when fingerprint security is in use. It is nothing to do with washing hands. Thanks for your contribution
    Potato Guru likes this.
    09-25-2019 10:09 AM
    I mentioned the situation with handwashing because there were so many situations due to the fact that finger scanner does not work effectively with dirty hands. If the problem revolves around a periodic password, then try to go into your device’s settings and check your security settings. Maybe the problem is there! I hope I helped you
    09-25-2019 10:29 AM
    I mentioned the situation with handwashing because there were so many situations due to the fact that finger scanner does not work effectively with dirty hands. If the problem revolves around a periodic password, then try to go into your device’s settings and check your security settings. Maybe the problem is there! I hope I helped you
    There is no problem, this is normal behaviour
    09-25-2019 11:49 AM
    Yes correct , certain time out it will ask for your pin, password even with fingerprint enabled , part of Android security
    09-25-2019 11:51 AM
    There's a screen timeout and a lockscreen time. After the screen times out, but before the lockscreen comes on, you can use your fingerprint. Once the lockscreen comes on, you have to use the secondary (PIN, Password) unlock. Set the screen timeout (normally not longer than 30 seconds - it's the timeout after the last time you did anything), then set the lockscreen timer for a longer time (maybe 1-5 minutes).

Or use Proximity Service and put the phone down face down. That turns off the screen and stops the lockscreen timer. (So you save battery, you prevent burn-in, but the phone doesn't lock. You can set it to lock when you tap the power button, so when you go out you can lock it quickly.)
    Potato Guru likes this.
    09-25-2019 02:37 PM