Bluetooth headphones: how to use Phone Microphone on calls

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a bluetooth headphones. The microphone is not good enough.

On calls I want still to listen with headphones, but talk into smartphone microphone.

If the smartphone "thinks" that the headphones have NO mic, it should work. Right?

How to do that?

Ronaldo Donaldo

Oct 4, 2019
Visit site
@mustang7757 I am the thread starter and have signed up. What further information can I provide?
@galactic_Zoo ... on tapping in bluetooth menu on a device and select the configure option I can deselect using the device for calling and just for media or the other way round. But I need this even more fine grained.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What make and model are the headphones? Are you saying that the mic doesn't work at all, or that other people have trouble hearing you when you use it? If the latter, then you may just have to look into getting different headphones with a better mic.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. I was thinking of the SoundAbout app, but I doubt it affects the microphone, and that app is no longer available on the Play Store anyway.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe placing the mic closer to your mouth, if you can.

If the phone thinks the headphones have no mic, you'll only be able to enable Media, not Phone.

SoundAbout is still available, if you want to take the chance (the site is pretty safe - even the Play store is only "pretty" safe). BTmono might also work. (Start Phone first, then turn BTMono on.)