Blank screens, nothing loads

May 27, 2018
Visit site
Hey, ever since I rebooted my phone (utok q55) its as if android broke, when I enter settings theres only a blank white screen with settings title written on top and it doesnt load, youtube vids dont load either and are stuck on blue circle, chrome/google search doesnt work either, chrome doesnt display my tabs, only the current page which is blank and doesnt load, after a few seconds chrome closes on its own

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would start with the usual troubleshooting steps. Try rebooting into safe mode and see if it still happens. Also try booting into recovery and clearing the system cache. If you can get the settings menu working again, try clearing the app cache and data of YouTube and Chrome, or uninstalling the updates.

One of the things workings against you is that is a poorly spec'd phone by today's standards. My guess is it simply doesn't have the memory, storage, and processing power needed to run your apps properly. It's also an unknown brand, and those can simply be problematic due to poor programming.

So I wouldn't try putting much effort into fixing this phone. Any fix is likely to be short term, and other issues will pop up. The only long term solution I can suggest is to flat out replace the phone. I would also suggest sticking with the major name brands. They cost more, but are much better supported and have much better specs. Even a cheap flagship from 3-4 years ago would be better than what you have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila