What I mean is when I am driving for work I will hook the Bluetooth in my car to my phone. I may put on music iHeartRadio or Netflix etc. I want to still be able to get notifications through my other apps if I choose for example GrubHub through my phone. Because if I do not see the little flash that I have a delivery I will miss deliveries. because it does not come through my phone if my car is turned off or when I have my phone and I walk up to a customer's house my phone is still connected to the Bluetooth in my car which is fine. I don't want to have to toggle everything on and off every time I get in and out of my car that's way too complicated. But any notifications are silent because they are trying to go to the Bluetooth in the car which is turned off
    10-28-2019 06:53 PM
    I bet it's because of a safety feature so you don't get distracted while you're driving. I don't have much experience with using Bluetooth in my car so I can't give a specific fix, but I would check settings on your phone for Bluetooth while driving and also check settings on your car stereo. At the very least you can create a widget so you can turn Bluetooth off and on quickly.
    10-29-2019 02:23 AM
    I'm confused. You say that when you make a delivery your phone is connected and then you state notifications are silent because the BT in your car is turned off. If BT was turned off notifications would go directly to your device. You could turn BT off via your phone or just leave the phone in the car when you make a delivery and check for messages on your return
    10-29-2019 03:35 AM
    What I mean is when I am driving for work I will hook the Bluetooth in my car to my phone. I may put on music iHeartRadio or Netflix etc. I want to still be able to get notifications through my other apps if I choose for example GrubHub through my phone. Because if I do not see the little flash that I have a delivery I will miss deliveries. because it does not come through my phone if my car is turned off or when I have my phone and I walk up to a customer's house my phone is still connected to the Bluetooth in my car which is fine. I don't want to have to toggle everything on and off every time I get in and out of my car that's way too complicated. But any notifications are silent because they are trying to go to the Bluetooth in the car which is turned off
    I bet it's because of a safety feature so you don't get distracted while you're driving. I don't have much experience with using Bluetooth in my car so I can't give a specific fix, but I would check settings on your phone for Bluetooth while driving and also check settings on your car stereo. At the very least you can create a widget so you can turn Bluetooth off and on quickly.
    If you want to have your phone in hand and get notifications on it, as stated you must turn off the phones bt, or the cars.
    Mr. Bo, it's not a safety issue/setting.
    10-29-2019 07:39 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-29-2019 07:53 AM