Why does a wireless update cause my tablet to reset to factory settings?

NHinson

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Device: Vankyo MatrixPad Z10 Tablet

The past two times that my tablet has prompted me to download a wireless update, the tablet has also performed a factory reset.

The second time, I noticed that the factory reset is mentioned in the update description, but there is no way to opt out of that part of the update.

Why is this happening? What should I do?

Thank you for your time,

NHinson

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately if it's mentioned in the update itself, the manufacturer has decided to carry it out this way for some reason. Bear in mind that this is not a mainstream manufacturer and they might opt for the easiest course of action: wipe everything, reinstall instead of actually spending time updating and patching.

Regular updates from top manufacturers do not reset the device when updating.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It does seem odd that it would factory reset for an update, however if it states that there will be a factory reset as part of the update, I would say there's nothing you can do to change that besides not updating. My suggestion is now that you are aware that this is a thing with this tab, you start using some kind of backup to make recovering easier. Google has a backup, MyBackup Pro is a very good service, if it is supported on your device. The only other option I could think of would be to upgrade to a tab that doesn't require a factory reset to update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non