Minor scratches on note 9 camera lens causing photo blurring

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Basically the scratches are i think from not wearing a screen protector because this phone has never fell from my hand, I'm using the newest android os and is there anyway to adjust the focus on the settings or am i looking at a front glass replacement or even lcd

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Blur would be more likely to be caused by a stuck focus. Try several judicious smart slaps to the camera area.
Scratches would cause a degree of overall softness, especially noticeable around highlights, but would not cause a wrong focus. In that case, replacing the cover glass would be the simplest, though not necessarily the only, fix.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A scratch on the lens is so out of focus that you probably wouldn't notice it, unless it caught sunlight and caused a glare spot. (This is what scratches on the lens look like.)

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Blur would be more likely to be caused by a stuck focus. Try several judicious smart slaps to the camera area.
Scratches would cause a degree of overall softness, especially noticeable around highlights, but would not cause a wrong focus. In that case, replacing the cover glass would be the simplest, though not necessarily the only, fix.
Over time, micro scratches can look similar to an out of focus lens, and I'm experiencing that myself on the phone I just replaced. I don't think I've ever seen a confirmed case of a stuck focus motor on a phone, so I wouldn't think that's the case unless you are able to find one distance that is in focus and can never be changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress