i believe i found my phone's malware hidden among 'files' list. i can delete all code with keyboard but "save changes" keeps restoring it b4 i leave screen. note says i have to get root level access in order to perform permanent deletion. this code keeps hijacking my screen to a fake "get html update" with no way to get it off the screen. i hit " home" and "previous screen" and " all open pages" to get out, sometimes needing to power off or reboot to get back to what i was doing. i want this POS gone. can i do it?
    12-29-2019 08:18 PM
    Hi Welcome!
    How do you know it didn't set up that note to root to give your phone more easier vulnerability to hack ? Which phone you have ? Did you try factory reset ?
    12-29-2019 08:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you show us a screenshot of the "get html update" screen when it shows up? http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    12-30-2019 01:04 AM
    Rooting the phone depends on which phone you have, and what version of Android it's running. (If it's 5 or later, and you can unlock the bootloader, Magisk would probably be your best bet. [You'd have to back the phone up first, though - unlocking the bootloader does a factory reset.])

You can always root, clean the malware off, then unroot (which is the nice thing about Magisk - it just patches one file in the phone [and leaves the original intact], so after rooting, you flash the original file back and there's no sign that the phone has ever been rooted).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-30-2019 04:20 PM