Motorola Moto G7 play water damage

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I accidentantaly dropped some water on my phone when I was showering, but now the volume down button is broken and it's constantly sending a signal that it's being pressed, but the volume up button still works tho. Also the power button doesn't work anymore but I can still get into the debug mode if I press it long enough. It also works when I have to unlock the phone, just not when it's turned on.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Problem #1 - having it near the shower. That phone is listed as "splash resistant (market dependent)". Not sure in what markets this applies, or in what market you are but I wouldn't take this as a license to use the device in/near the shower. Not to mention that steam could be an issue even for IP68-rated devices.

Problem #2 - continuing to use the device after it got wet. The very first step in our guide about what to do when/if your phone gets wet is to turn it off and not try to charge it. https://forums.androidcentral.com/a...-tos/477140-guide-oh-no-my-phone-got-wet.html

Check out that guide I linked above and see if anything there helps you.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds more like the switches got corroded. A used phone in good condition sells for less than it would cost to repair one that's water-damaged.

(BTW, even the water vapor in the shower can get into an IP-68-rated phone, there doesn't have to be any steam.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa