I am unable to use many apps on wifi, but i can using mobile data.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Moto g7 Supra with Android 9.

I have DSL with an Arris NVG443B modem.

On my home WiFi I can not access many apps that you have to be logged in to, for example; Amazon, Kindle, Sam's Club.

I also cannot go into some websites, for example Lowe's.com sometimes Walmart.

I can access these sites and apps on other devices on my home wifi, and I can access all these using my mobile data, and I can access them on some wifi hotspots I have tried.

I was going to create an account here but was unable to on my wifi.

I have searched the web, and tried a few suggestions, but nothing has worked.

Help!

And thanks in advance.

Loweco

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
Yes, only on my home wifi.

I attempted to create an acct before I asked this question, but couldn't using WiFi.

I have a plan with limited data because I use mostly my home wifi.... its very frustrating.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Check and see if maybe your home WiFi was flagged as a metered connection (it isn't, is it?). Apps set to save data on metered connections may not work right if it's set that way.

Loweco

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
I went thru the link provided, I had tried some of those before.... I tried them again, as well as the ones I hadn't.

The issue isn't really connecting to the wifi. I can connect with no problem, I can surf 90% of the web, I can watch YouTube videos.

I just can't use certain apps. The apps will open, but not show me anything, if that makes sense. I will get notifications in the notification bar of deals, for Amazon, Kindle, and Sam's Club apps for example, it will say what the item is and maybe have a small picture and description, but when I go to the app it won't show me anything, and will eventually time out.

I'm looking at my Amazon app now, it shows how many items are in my cart, but I can't click on the cart to see the items.

Loweco

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
I went thru the B Diddy link. Some I had tried before, some I hadn't. I tried all that I could again.

The issue isn't really "connecting" to wifi. I connect okay, and I can surf to 90% of the sites I want to go.

And even the apps that I'm trying to use bit can't...Amazon, Kindle, Sam's Club. I will still get notifications in the notification bar of deals with a little picture and description, but when I click on it, or just go to the app.... I get no content, if that makes sense.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you connect to other wi-fi networks (like at your local coffeeshop or library), everything works ok?

Also, it may be worth trying a separate router connected to the Arris modem (and turning off the router function of the Arris). There might be an issue with the Arris firmware.

Loweco

Mar 1, 2020
Visit site
I reset the app preferences, no change.

The last wifi other than home I connected to everything worked fine, it was a hotel.

Interesting discovery just now.... I opened my Sam's Club app, and I was not logged in. I could navigate to everything on my wifi as it should be. When I attempted to log in over wifi, the action timed out. I switched to mobile data and it logged in fine. I went back to wifi and couldn't see anything now that I was logged in to the app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I reset the app preferences, no change.

The last wifi other than home I connected to everything worked fine, it was a hotel.

Interesting discovery just now.... I opened my Sam's Club app, and I was not logged in. I could navigate to everything on my wifi as it should be. When I attempted to log in over wifi, the action timed out. I switched to mobile data and it logged in fine. I went back to wifi and couldn't see anything now that I was logged in to the app.
You look in wifi settings on the phone not power saving mode?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch