maximizing flash videos = crash

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
for some reason anytime i try to maximize a flash video in dolphin hd or the stock browser, the browser or the tablet itself will crash. Has anyone else encountered this issue? and know of any fixes for this? thanks in advance.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue and I posted here at:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...d-process-media-has-stopped-unexpectedly.html

No one responded though. If you keep maximizing Flash video this way, as I explained in my thread, you may eventually corrupt an important system file. I had to perform a Factory Default Reset just to get the tablet to work properly again. It was a pain because everything was erased.

So now I don't even maximize flash video anymore just to be safe. BTW, it happens in the stock browser and Dolphin.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Corrupting system files? That's a scary notion. Maybe Jobs was on to something with his anti-flash campaign. :) I've had the crash a couple of times myself, so I just quit maximizing flash video for those few occasions that I even watch flash.

Reactions: flipbeats

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is a major issue for me. I now just pinch zoom instead, but I rather it gets fixed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
thats unfortunate that i'm not the only one thats having this issue. I too, have since, stopped maximizing my flash videos when i do watch flash. I haven't had to do any hard resets or factory resets though and the tab is still running fine, with your occasional random reboot. Other than that...its fine/

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

tony1ant

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem in all browsers including std browser Boat browser and browser ICS
Very fruststrating wish they would sort it out . Perhaps HTML5 is going 2b the solution
However I love my PRime best money I ever spent :D:D

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I am familiar with this also, although it has gotten MUCH better after I did a factory reset. The 500+ apps and dozens of live wallpapers may have also caused some stability issues so I can't rule out installing anything and everything as a possible cause is my case.

Whatever the root cause is, from my experience flash videos will cause the Prime to reboot every once in awhile, as of right now it has been about a week since that has happened. It has never caused any corruption for me but it is annoying having the Prime freeze and reboot and after it is done rebooting the video plays fine without any side effects.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I did notice that after doing a factory reset, it did make it a little better. But I still was having issues with random reboots & freeze ups. Not like before, but still having them nonetheless.

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
i updated the adobe player today. i'm not having any crashes maximizing flash videos at the moment. i mean i always rooted todayand such and what not. not sure if that' may or may not have played a part in flash working decently.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums