Preparing my tablet for sale

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I am meeting with someone to buy my prime tomorrow and just wanted to get some verification.

If I do a factory reset on the prime that will wipe off all my personal information from the prime correct?
If the person buys it I just want to make sure they cannot access my email, documents, or other accounts I have had on my prime.

If there are other steps that will help ensure the safety of my information, please let me know.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes a factory reset will erase all your apps, data, accounts, etc. Note that if you Don't have your pictures and music on an sd card, they will be erased as well.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Going to go with the new Google nexus. I have gotten to the point where I am sick of what happened with the prime and asus won't really do anything about, even though some retailers are allowing for exchanges, but the manufacturer won't even under warranty?

Not really good customer service in my eyes. Oh well, I've learned my lesson.

The prime was my first asus product and will most likely be my last.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had good experience with their CSRs, and, I'm mostly happy with my Prime. Just gotta ship it off to get the WiFi issue/camera fixed and I'll be happy.

What issue are you experiencing?

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
I have sent it in for wifi and camera and gps.

Just the issues everyone was/is having. Just thought it was poor business that they released essentially the same tablet a few months later with everything fixed instead of taking care of the people who already purchased it.

I know they released the dongal. And I would never leave that on my prime or carry it around.

And when best buy started allowing trade its for the 700 due to all the issues and asus wouldn't do anything about I was pretty disappointed I didn't buy it from Best buy. Just don't feel like it was worth the money with all the issues, and I can sell it for enough to pay for a Nexus 10. I don't known why I wouldn't.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Just the issues everyone was/is having. Just thought it was poor business that they released essentially the same tablet a few months later with everything fixed instead of taking care of the people who already purchased it.

Yea, I completely agree. If you are that disappointed, you could consider writing a letter. I know I always preach letters/emails on AC, but, it's a good idea if you aren't 100% that you want to sell your Prime. I received a replacement 360 well after mine RRoDed and was out of warranty by writing a professional and persuasive letter.

I know they released the dongal. And I would never leave that on my prime or carry it around.

If I didn't care about GPS on a tablet, I would be upset by this. I got the dongle just for the sake of having it, but, I'll never use it probably.

And when best buy started allowing trade its for the 700 due to all the issues and asus wouldn't do anything about I was pretty disappointed I didn't buy it from Best buy. Just don't feel like it was worth the money with all the issues, and I can sell it for enough to pay for a Nexus 10. I don't known why I wouldn't.

I understand. Well, even if you get rid of it, you could always write a letter anyway, just a though. Might make you feel better, lol.

Well, it sounds like you are definitely going to get rid of it. If you do, good luck with your new tablet!! :D

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Same boat as you. Sour taste in my mouth from the whole thing and lots of sub par customer service experiences. Wrote multiple letters and talked to lots of people. Ended up selling and getting the nexus 10 and love it!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I completely agree. If you are that disappointed, you could consider writing a letter. I know I always preach letters/emails on AC, but, it's a good idea if you aren't 100% that you want to sell your Prime. I received a replacement 360 well after mine RRoDed and was out of warranty by writing a professional and persuasive letter.

I've actually considered writing a letter as well, but who did you address/send it to? I wrote one to the regular customer service email address and also to the rep I was dealing with during my 1st RMA. Both did nothing to help me with my issue. they ended up charging me for the repair since I had unlocked my prime, even though it was a hardware issue. I ended up sending in my prime a 2nd time for a similar issue, so it was clear that something was wrong with my prime's inputs/outputs. I want to write another letter to someone that actually cares since I really do feel that the hardware issues I dealt with shouldn't have been my responsibility.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've actually considered writing a letter as well, but who did you address/send it to? I wrote one to the regular customer service email address and also to the rep I was dealing with during my 1st RMA. Both did nothing to help me with my issue. they ended up charging me for the repair since I had unlocked my prime, even though it was a hardware issue. I ended up sending in my prime a 2nd time for a similar issue, so it was clear that something was wrong with my prime's inputs/outputs. I want to write another letter to someone that actually cares since I really do feel that the hardware issues I dealt with shouldn't have been my responsibility.

I literally wrote a letter to One Microsoft Way. Microsoft doesn't want you to contact them directly, so, this seemed like the best way. Asus probably has the same policy.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Edit: Eh nevermind got too worked up about Asus lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rawdeadfish

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've only gotten the camera to go green or amber once or twice, so i can't get it to the point of returnability. Right now the only real problem I have is playing video of either sd card (micro sd or sd in the dock) crashes the video player and won't work until I reboot, and this only started after the jelly bean update. The latest update to the chrome browser, corrected my complaints about some websites not working correctly. Yet, i would love to get up to the 700 without having to spend more money...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I really haven't had the problems everyone else is. I really like my Prime ! That said it's going up for sale as between my GS3, my wifes small collection of Nooks (B&N employ) and my iPad, to many damn screens around this house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessfviz