ASUS EEPad Transformer10-in Android tablet for $299.98 @ Staples

jaschiang

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: ASUS EEPad Transformer10-in Android tablet for $299.98 @ Stap

Anyone having any luck with Office Depot? My plan was to go there and get them to price match.
I also got one at OD at 299 plus tax. They honored Staples coupon without any problem. I am in Maryland.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

I guess its just my area. None of the Staples have them in stock and the Office Depots dont either.

BB has a monopoly on this thing in my area...

el1diablo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Office Depot might be your best bet. I just called the OD at Times Square here in NY and 1. They have them in stock and 2. They said they will honor the coupon, and all I would need is a printout of the coupon. I will print out the product page from Staples just in case.

On my way now!!!

idvsego

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I will be making some rounds with the coupon and cash in hand this weekend. Hopefully staples, office depot or BB will hook me up.

el1diablo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

No luck with the office depot I went to. The would only honor the coupon for the frickin BB Playbook. Gonna try my luck next week hopefully Staples restocks by the 30th

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just an update...went to office depot and asked, and he pulled out their corporate policy that was just sent out. They will only honor the coupon on the Acer and the Playbook. I ended up with the Acer because of this.

Sent from my Captivate

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

yeah I went to office depot to and they said no. Showed me the same email policy dated 07/21/11. So i went to a bunch of different BB's and found one that accepted it. Plus I got it for 299 and $20 in store gift card + 0% apr for six months. One question tho, the headphone jack hole was cut super close to the frame edge looks like its gonna possibly break if im not careful, anyone wit this issue?

Last edited:

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Staples Coupon for $100 Off Tablets through 7/30/11

Here are are the details and success stories at Android Central: Staples giving $100 off select tablets, what will you be buying?

The comments tell of taking the Staples coupon to nearby Office Max, Frys, Office Depot, Best Buy, etc. for their price match guarantees. Some Staples stores are struggling to re-stock each day. Here is the coupon that must be printed and taken to a local store:

$100 OFF any tablet with this coupon. Limited exclusions apply. Models vary by store.

The $399 Acer Iconia along with the Asus Transformer are now $299 until 7/30/11. The $499 Samsung Tab 10.1 and Motorola Xoom at 32GB are now $399.

Remember that this is a fishing expedition. Don't call local stores. Go to them. Check their website and find the stores that have your tablet instock and go there.

Lots of people are having success getting price matches by walking into local competitors. Others are checking every local Staples each day when new shipments are coming in.

You will prevail.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Now the main Staples web site is showing the Asus out of stock. I believe they are doing that on purpose :) . They already sold the unites they wanted and that was it.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Now the main Staples web site is showing the Asus out of stock. I believe they are doing that on purpose :) . They already sold the unites they wanted and that was it.

The website has been showing it out of stock for days now. Since this coupon first got mentioned here, it has been out of stock every time I have checked

Delta1#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site

It seems to me that Staples is showing these in stock after store hours and out of stock when the stores are open. I have gone to the Staples site late at night and they will sometimes show in stock; then during the day they are out. Coincidence ????

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Its a no go for all the stores near me whether its a Best Buy, Office Max etc. No one will honor the the deal and the Staples in the area is out of stock.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get anyone to honor the coupon, but yje local PC Richards gave me a good deal and knocked $50 off, so I picked one up

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I managed to find an Office Depot with one Acer Iconia tab in stock. They couldn't hold it for me, so I got in my car and drove there as fast as I could. When I arrived, the guy in front of me literally bought it seconds before. I was pissed!! But the store manager did me a solid... She found a few up in North Jersey and asked to have one shipped to her store. I gave her my name and number and she promised to call me the moment it arrived.

Now the question is, keep the Acer or look elsewhere for the Asus Transformer?? :'(

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Its a no go for all the stores near me whether its a Best Buy, Office Max etc. No one will honor the the deal and the Staples in the area is out of stock.

Use their in-store look-ups online. There are still a few left but you may have to drive a bit to pick it up.

solarmoo900

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Use their in-store look-ups online. There are still a few left but you may have to drive a bit to pick it up.

How did you get to the in-store lookup, It says its only available for delivery so can't do in store lookup. I talked to a guy on chat and he says it wont be available in stores and not available online for 5-10 business days

Anyone know any other places to look for this cheaper/accepting the coupon. Funny now that Best Buy has it for a whole $5 off haha

fixxxer7

May 23, 2011
Visit site

First time poster here guys, but...

I'm in Dallas, Office Depot matched it on any tablet without an issue, the clerk even used it as a selling point.

solarmoo900

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

First time poster here guys, but...

I'm in Dallas, Office Depot matched it on any tablet without an issue, the clerk even used it as a selling point.

can confirm, just got back from a Detroit area Office Depot and the guy had no problems matching it.

Also, they do tax after rebate too so that was nice

simplyessence

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm in California and all the Staples stores around me say they don't have the product in-stores and best buy tells me that their price match policy does not include coupons or discounts - only the standard price. Office depots in my area are also only honoring it for the blackberry playbook & the acer iconia. What do they have against asus?! :'(

Last edited: