ASUS EEPad Transformer10-in Android tablet for $299.98 @ Staples

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: ASUS EEPad Transformer10-in Android tablet for $299.98 @ Stap

I called Best Buy, and they said just bring the coupon and proof of Staples in store price before the coupon and they will price match!

Reactions: pheatton

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

I called Best Buy, and they said just bring the coupon and proof of Staples in store price before the coupon and they will price match!

YES!! I was wondering if they would do this. I bought mine on Saturday and was going to return it.

So just print out the price page from the website and the coupon then?

Last edited:

Stu2009

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

Here in Vegas, BB are not interested in honouring the $100.00 discount :( I'Il just keep looking

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Here in Vegas, BB are not interested in honouring the $100.00 discount :( I'Il just keep looking

Jerks! I'm hoping the hour I spent talking with the employee at the local BB will get me some points..

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I found only one place that actually has some transformers...office depot. Ill see if they honer the coupon tm.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

No staples has them in my area..and office depot has them..but said "since staples is out of stock we wont take their coupon" WTF

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Confirmed by Staples the Asus Transformer is Online only and the coupon does not apply to it.

(also office depot has gotten wise and is now rejecting the coupon on the transformer because "staples does not have it in stock")

teddy1971

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I made an online order in the store and they accepted it (it's arriving next week). When I got wind they Office Depot was accepting the coupon I went to the store and got another one ( Im posting with it right now). The one that is coming next week is for my wife.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Well the first BB was a no go. Going to try the one near work this afternoon and the one this morning again on the way home.

I have already bought mine so I they don't honor it I will just return it an get the Tab 10.1 at Staples in stead.

cguella

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

The people at Best Buy are morons by me. First they said that they would not honor Staples coupon for the Transformer since Staples did not stock it (ok fair enough). Then I went back to Staples and found the Acer Iconia A500 and it actually clocked better on Linpack. I was like ok fine but Staples was out of stock but they do regularly stock it. I go back to BB in the same building but they would not honor the coupon then either!!! Then I found three local Staples all within 10 minutes that have Iconia in stock and BB still said no that the Staples needed to be within 1 mile. Stupid morons, that is wrong and I was tired of arguing. I had $150 of overpriced accessories on the counter and left them there along with the stupid Acer tablet I hope they choke on it. I walked out never to return to Best Buy again. :mad:

Last edited:

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Yep went to the local BB near work. Told them I had already bought mine and was going to get the dock with the $100 if the honored it. Moron at the counter flat out told me nope and seemed more interested in carrying on the conversation with his cohort in crime. After he told me no he just went back to talking with the other guy... Asked why and all I got was a lame excuse that it was coupon and not an advertised price.

Told the moron that I was going to complain to Corp and the store manager about this and about his lack of common respect and decency towards customers. Oh I'm returning mine tonight. He responded with a lame, "OK"

Last edited:

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

just picked mine up at best buy, they honored the coupon no problem, walked out paying a cool $330 for my new transformer.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

just picked mine up at best buy, they honored the coupon no problem, walked out paying a cool $330 for my new transformer.

I swear this just keeps getting better and better. Im going to the one I bought it from and am talking to a manager. If they don't want to honor it I will gladly return it along with all the stuff I bought with it.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I swear this just keeps getting better and better. Im going to the one I bought it from and am talking to a manager. If they don't want to honor it I will gladly return it along with all the stuff I bought with it.

you definitely should, they should definitely match the prices from other best buys so if you'd like I'll track down the receipt and post it for you.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Anyone having any luck with Office Depot? My plan was to go there and get them to price match.

noggaholic

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having any luck with Office Depot? My plan was to go there and get them to price match.

A most certain no on this one. Spent an hour there, they said the Staples.com carries it but the coupon is in store only, so they won't offer the coupon (I bought mine at Office Depot on the 9th because they were the only local place that had them).

Office Depot said they will honor the coupon on:
BlackBerry Playbook 16, 32, 64GB
Acer Iconia A500-10S16U

and thats it.

I asked if I could return it and go buy it at Staples and his answer was "By all means, be my guest."

Kinda dickish!

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

you definitely should, they should definitely match the prices from other best buys so if you'd like I'll track down the receipt and post it for you.

Yes please! I posted on the Best Buy FB page and was told that according to the price match policy the store was correct in not honoring it... I then asked if they could explain why some stores are not and some are. We shall see.

I think if I can prove that it has been honored I may get further.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

I bought a Transformer at BB on Tuesday night. Didn't even open it by the time I got the coupon yesterday morning. Went back to BB to have them give me the $100 off..they said no way. I gave them the option of a full refund or the $100..they said no way again. Went next door to Ofc Depot..walked out with a new Transformer for $299 and returned the one at BB. When I went back for the refund they changed their tune and said they'd honor the coupon. Of course I said too late. Bottom line is yes, Ofc Depot honored my coupon for the Transformer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38