I returned my transformer today

seeker1321

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I am writing this post to share my opinion, not to bash the product, but to just explain what lead me to the decision I made.

Today I took my Transformer back to Walmart and returned it. It was a difficult decision, but it the end I think it's for the best.

There are a number of things I loved about the transformer, the screen, Honeycomb, the microsd slot, the hdmi out, and some other things, but in the end there were a couple of things that made me return it.

I most likely will never need the keyboard dock, i have computers around me all day at work and home, plus my laptop if I actually need to do serious work, in fact I rarely use my laptop, which lets me know how rarely I would need the keyboard dock. Without the need for the keyboard dock I realized I didn't like the extra spacing around the bezel on the outside, because that .25" (or so) on each side, meant there was that much less of the screen I could reach with my thumbs. There were a couple of video files it had trouble playing that my Galaxy S phone had no problem playing, a couple of times the wifi would lock up, and say "turning off" but it was grayed out, and I had to restart the device to get it to work. After holding it for over an hour, I would like to see if the weight difference in the Samsung Tablet makes a visible difference. Plus this was a major purchase for me, and which ever tablet I end up with, I am going to have to use for a long time, until I will be able to afford another one. So with all these other tablets coming out in the next month or so, I wanted the freedom to look at the competition before I made my final decision, if the Galaxy Tab, and the others don't do a better job, I may pick up the transformer again, but I wanted the freedom to be able to make that choice, when the time comes.

VydorScope

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
yea. I have a laptop... top of the line Dell Laptop that is kicking it with a SUPER LARGE 20gb hd and running the brand new cutting edge Windows Media Center Edition complete with analog tv tuner! :) (wonder if ppl in this thread even remember machines that old LOL)

Ummm yea, so Im planing the transformer to replace my Laptop till next year when I dump my desktop for a high end laptop + docking station. So for me, its a netbook and a tablet. Well will be find I can find the blasted keyboard instock...

The new Samsung's do not have anything about them that scream "wow!!! way better" to me.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
yea. I have a laptop... top of the line Dell Laptop that is kicking it with a SUPER LARGE 20gb hd and running the brand new cutting edge Windows Media Center Edition complete with analog tv tuner! :) (wonder if ppl in this thread even remember machines that old LOL)

Ummm yea, so Im planing the transformer to replace my Laptop till next year when I dump my desktop for a high end laptop + docking station. So for me, its a netbook and a tablet. Well will be find I can find the blasted keyboard instock...

The new Samsung's do not have anything about them that scream "wow!!! way better" to me.

I'm attempting to load linux on a dell just a bit older than that. A massive 8GB HDD.

seeker1321

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
What Wal-Mart has Transformers in stock?

I think about 100,000 people would like to know...

I bought it about 12 days ago from their website. They directed me to return to the nearest store.

It took be about a week to find one but I used ASUS Tablet PC In Stock Tracker - Transformer TF101 - NowInStock.net and set up browser and email alerts, according to them, Kmart has them in stock for ordering right now. If you look at the dates for last in stock, they are starting to become more plentiful.

thecavemankevin

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
kmart does not have the 16gb, if you try (because it says it's in stock) it will then reject you like the cold hearted ***** she is and says "no soup for you"!