firmware update - now swipe before unlock screen

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i was prompted to do a firmware update and now i am prompted to swipe the screen before i can do my unlock pattern.

I do not want to have to swipe then do my pattern. how do i turn off the swipe ?

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
also now my icons are random instead of alphabetical.

why they got to mess with stuff. this is how you lose a customer and get bad stuff said on the internet when you go and change stuff for no good reason.

at this point i would say DO NOT BUY OR SUPPORT ASUS PRODUCTS.

DO NOT DO THE FIRMWARE UPDATE UNLESS YOU WANT A ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SUCKY TABLET.

Chasejuno

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the patch is fine, but the swipe to unlock is really annoying. I use it as an alarm clock and the tablet doesn't work correctly with a case if the swipe to unlock is enabled. I'm a bit confused as to what is going on with this because before you had options for locking the device, you could set up more then one option for locking like Pin + puzzle ect. Now you can only select one option and swipe remains unless you select nothing for device locking. I like the Asus memo pad 8 even though it runs a little sluggish for seemly for no reason, but this patch added kit kat for older models I believe and added dual screen and such. hang outs doesn't work with dual screen so it's rather useless for me atm since that's the main reason why I want to use dual screen so I can make calls and text while watching a video without it stopping. I hope they fix the locking screen since that's a big deal for security.

tooleystreet

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
All app installations have an option to turn on or off updates obviously sales and competition is the reason the software keeps evolving or we'd still be playing pixel 8 game tennis...to change this go to the settings icon while on the menu page of app mode.....I updated my Facebook and it was a bad error