losing contents of playlist when turning tablet off

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Not had my HD long and when bought I stored my music on the internal memory. Made a couple of playlists and they worked fine. When I installed a 32g SanDisk card I put all my music on that and erased the music from my internal memory. Now every time I turn the tablet off the contents of my playlists show 0. Just wondering where 'play music's stores the playlist info.
Edit: actually looking at another post on here it seems the SanDisk card has problems copying and pasting with this tablet so this may be the problem. Will look into this further.
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Further to doing some tests it appears that the card can copy and paste using images, music and other files so the card is not the problem. No matter what I try I cant get it to save a playlist when turning off the tablet. Its driving me nuts.
Edit: after going through hundreds of posts on android tablets it appears this problem has existed since version 4 was launched.
My question now is has anyone managed to keep playlists contents intact using an SD card to store the music on when tablet is turned off or will this never happen

Last edited:

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
FINALLY SOLVED - I took the Asus back to the store this morning and got a replacement of the same model. Guess what - it did the same. Went back again and I now have an 8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that actually saves the playlist when it's turned off. Heaven although it did cost more.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
FINALLY SOLVED - I took the Asus back to the store this morning and got a replacement of the same model. Guess what - it did the same. Went back again and I now have an 8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 that actually saves the playlist when it's turned off. Heaven although it did cost more.

I think you'll love the tab 3 8.0. See ya in the forum.

orion430

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
After having the Tab 3.8 for two days I do indeed love it. With no faults or glitches I am enjoying using it. If I have a problem you may see me in the Tab 3 section but it is doubtful at present. Will probably look in from time to time out of interest and to see if I can help other users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87