I need some help and other support if you please.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello, well, first off, I bought my ASUS TF300t on Black Friday for $300 at Office Depot, and I was impressed. 32 GB internal, microSD slot, 1 GB RAM, Quad-core processing, and ICS. I instantly fell in love with my beautiful, first tablet. Over that weekend, I updated it twice, one update I guess was for the camera and the other was for JellyBean. Now, I don't know how others have these issues with their devices, but I guess somehow I got lucky. JellyBean runs smoothly on my device, however, I did notice something new in the JellyBean update that I did not like that happened to the Motorola Flipside: "bugreports". What that command does to the system is compile a "bug report" from the device (at the same time, lagging the system pretty bad) and then on top of that, it takes a screenshot and then tells you to email it to ASUS or somewhere like that. I know how to remove such a thing, but I'm afraid to mod on a new manufacturer. I am an HTC modder, HTC Vivid, HTC EVO 4G, and HTC Inspire/Desire HD, to be exact. But here's my question finally: can anyone carefully explain the recovery to me, like, what does each icon mean, I know how to boot into it, but don't know how to use the stock recovery. If you could help me out, I'd be really grateful. I don't understand this cold boot or anything like that, and I don't want to brick my beloved tablet. Thank you for your time, I'm a long time fan of the Android Central Forums, I know you people won't let me down. Thank you. :)

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help, but like you, I know a lot about tinkering with my Bolt but next to nothing about messing with this tablet.

I'm sure someone knows though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could help, but like you, I know a lot about tinkering with my Bolt but next to nothing about messing with this tablet.

I'm sure someone knows though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Ditto. Someone out there can help

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I played around with it myself and the instructions in the Fastboot say "Volume Up for navigation, Volume Down for selection." And I found out it was backwards. But when I select the Recovery (RCK) button, it shows the droid laying down with his chest open and the Red Triangle on top. In HTC phones, you just push Volume Up + Power to open the recovery, but when I did that on the ASUS tablet, it didn't do anything. :-/

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I played around with it myself and the instructions in the Fastboot say "Volume Up for navigation, Volume Down for selection." And I found out it was backwards. But when I select the Recovery (RCK) button, it shows the droid laying down with his chest open and the Red Triangle on top. In HTC phones, you just push Volume Up + Power to open the recovery, but when I did that on the ASUS tablet, it didn't do anything. :-/

That isn't right. Something has to be wrong.

Total side note, but your username is pretty sweet :thumbup:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks man, I love love LOVE the randomness of your name. :D And I thought that too, but it was weird. Maybe that was the only bug that I received when I got the Jellybean update. I'd post a link, but I have a set data limit, so I'll try to do it at college tomorrow. It's just...is this tablet really that new or something? Or is it like the Vivid: Underestimated by consumers? :-/

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks man, I love love LOVE the randomness of your name. :D And I thought that too, but it was weird. Maybe that was the only bug that I received when I got the Jellybean update. I'd post a link, but I have a set data limit, so I'll try to do it at college tomorrow. It's just...is this tablet really that new or something? Or is it like the Vivid: Underestimated by consumers? :-/

Thanks :D this tablet should have enough age behind it to have this issue resolved, I know their is a method over on XDA to make the tf300 "brick proof" but I haven't tried it. If you go that route, try a custom recovery after the fact.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I want to root, custom Recovery, etc, but, I paid for extra insurance, and I know it will void the manufacturer insurance if I unlock the bootloader but I'm not sure if it will void the extra paid insurance or not...

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I want to root, custom Recovery, etc, but, I paid for extra insurance, and I know it will void the manufacturer insurance if I unlock the bootloader but I'm not sure if it will void the extra paid insurance or not...

Where is the insurance from? Most just cover physical damage, like busting your screen into a million pieces, but software if left to the manufacturer warranty. And if you don't brick (that sounds glum) you can always return to full stock... Right?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That's if there's an RUU for this thing, again, I'm pure HTC, I know Samsung has something called "Kies", and I have no clue about that. I just... I love this Tablet, but if it was rooted and I took the bloatware off, it'd be perfect! Well, a custom recovery wouldn't hurt, but I'm staying away from CWM, too many people hard bricked their ASUS TF300T tablets with that one, I'd play with TWRP, they have one for the Vivid, but I like WildChild's recovery. :)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Haha, nice. Well, I've always been curious about Android, so I sit there and play around and hope that I don't accidentally brick the device, whether it be hard or soft. :p Although, I did hard brick one phone.... Samsung Dart. :/

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Haha, nice. Well, I've always been curious about Android, so I sit there and play around and hope that I don't accidentally brick the device, whether it be hard or soft. :p Although, I did hard brick one phone.... Samsung Dart. :/

I hack the crap out of my Nexus, but that's only because it is nearly brickproof. The Tf300 loves bricks from what I've heard...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non