My first S24Ultra complaint...

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Swype was the first glide-typing keyboard, I believe.

I recall using weird ones before Gboard. Fleksy and Ginger were a couple oddball names but back in the day offered interesting features.
I think you're probably talking about Swype. They we're bought, stripped for parts and killed.
Oh, Yes! That was it!
*inexplicably missing nodding emo* :)
Thanks for reminding. I was wondering if they got swallowed. And no wonder I couldn't remember it!

Last edited:

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
See? It's stuff like this that is beyond ridiculous. Why is all of the stuff they fixed with the S23 not carried over? It seems like all of the bugs and everything is starting back at square one. Just beyond ridiculous for a $1300 phone.
Are you transferring everything over from smart switch or setting up fresh?

While I'm at it, Is there a benefit to setting up fresh and not copying everything over? I'm too picky to let it do that.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

While I'm at it, Is there a benefit to setting up fresh and not copying everything over? I'm too picky to let it do that.
By setting up from scratch you lower the possibility of letting in something wonky that causes inexplicable bugs that can only be resolved with a factory reset! The restoration routines are much better than they used to be but they can still cause problems. YMMV

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you tried SwiftKey? It's a good keyboard app.
My husband uses SwiftKey and another friend of mine likes it I think I did try it once and I just like gboard I think cuz you can do your bitmojis through gboard and I like Samsung cuz it does both I think bitmojis and your AR emoji and I like those I don't

Reactions: Laura Knotek

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I copy everything over. I used to have the S22 Ultra, then upgraded to the S23 ultra and never had this many problems that I remember.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site

Both have their pros and cons. On my last four devices (S8+, Note 8, Note 1+, and S22 Ultra), I started fresh. It took longer, but I had a fresh install of all of my apps and didn't have to worry about corrupted data. It also allows you to decide which apps and data to transfer. You have the opportunity to do a little house keeping.

With my S24 Ultra, I used Smart Switch and it did a very good job. It did a great job moving my accounts (email and social media) and most of my apps, but it wasn't completely without issues though.

Not all of my apps that were installed on my S22 Ultra installed on my S24 Ultra. I had to go through my Google Play and Galaxy Store libraries to install some apps.

Another thing I learned, was that it didn't transfer all of my music from my S22 Ultra over to my S24 Ultra. Nor did it transfer my entire playlists in Samsung Music. I have around 180GB (~48,000 tracks) of music. I am currently copying it over from my master copy. In doing so, I found out the reason why not everything transferred. It seems the file names on some of my music are too long. That caused an error which probably stopped the copy process. Smart Switch didn't return any errors though. Which begs the question, did they actually copy when I copied them to my S22 Ultra?

Smart Switch has improved a lot, but it is still not perfect. Ultimately, you have to determine how much time and effort you are willing to use to transfer all of your stuff.

Horace jones

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Have read a lot about this on Reddit the last 24 hours. Let us know if you find anything that helps. Wonder if a software update can help with this?
There will be no software update to fix this. Samsung has continued to say this is due to the anti-glare coating added to the glass. It sucks not having those vibrant crisp colors that's for sure.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
There will be no software update to fix this. Samsung has continued to say this is due to the anti-glare coating added to the glass. It sucks not having those vibrant crisp colors that's for sure.
Not trying to argue but this is according to what source, that quote from some employee with Samsung Spain?

I'm not sure that random quote is something to take as proof of what Samsung is planning.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Not trying to argue but this is according to what source, that quote from some employee with Samsung Spain?

I'm not sure that random quote is something to take as proof of what Samsung is planning.
Take the what was said from Samsung Spain with a grain of salt.

It was reported by SamMobile, Android Police, and (I think) Forbes. the SamMobile and Android Police articles came out within a few hours of each other. It could be circular reporting, with SamMobile reporting what Android Police reported. That happens a lot within the tech media. No one bothers to check the credibility of the source and report rumors. Then the other tech media outlets latch on to get clicks and it amplifies the story without adding context.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I agree that the source isn't particularly reliable, but if they were planning to change vivid mode, why haven't they?

Maybe they just want to fix all the issues with one update, but I think it's just as likely that they don't consider them issues.

Horace jones

May 3, 2013
Visit site
The phone has only been released for a few weeks. We'd have to wait with an update to be pushed out to see if concerns with the screen concerning vividness and clarity, camera focus, etc will be addressed.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The phone has only been released for a few weeks. We'd have to wait with an update to be pushed out to see if concerns with the screen concerning vividness and clarity, camera focus, etc will be addressed.
Well, the camera focus definitely won't, because that's been an issue for at least the last 5 generations. But we're not talking about the "one update a month, no more regardless of need" Pixel here, usually if something is considered an issue on a Samsung flagship it is fixed pretty quickly.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Take the what was said from Samsung Spain with a grain of salt.

It was reported by SamMobile, Android Police, and (I think) Forbes. the SamMobile and Android Police articles came out within a few hours of each other. It could be circular reporting, with SamMobile reporting what Android Police reported. That happens a lot within the tech media. No one bothers to check the credibility of the source and report rumors. Then the other tech media outlets latch on to get clicks and it amplifies the story without adding context.
Not only that, but I have personally read all of those "reports" and they ALL point to the same so-called quote from one customer service rep from Spain! Since when does Samsung give out official statements to one tech rep in Spain? The fact that all of these other phone review sites have glommed on to this one statement and repeated it as official might make them all look truly foolish if it's not official!

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just thought i share just incase.
For sure. Not trying to knock your post. It's just funny how the conversation had been about every outlet writing an article based on a singular source, and then here's a video which is basically all the articles in audio form stating the same thing.

Maybe it's my 42 year old eyes, but my s24+'s display seems fine to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter