Nexus 7 over Infinity?

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I realize they are different tablets, but I'm curious if anyone opted for the Nexus over the Infinity, and why?

Personally, I am torn. It's a question of cost vs features.

Sent using Tapatalk

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
its a question of cost and size as well. I have the infinity and its an amazing device like the transformer it replaced for me. but its an amazing device in the house.. I understand that both are wifi but I find myself carrying my nexus 7 everywhere and with wireless tether I use it all the time out and about.

My Infinity remains on my coffee table and its my defacto web browser and game device when I want to unwind but even being as thin as it is I just dont carry it much.

so I guess I am saying.. get both!!

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I juggled back and forth about which one to get. I like the size of the N7, but I don't like that it doesn't have a micro-SD slot and with 16gb being the largest size, I've opted for the Infinity. Yeah, it's twice the price, but it's also a LOT MORE tablet. If the N7 had been offered with either a mSD slot or a 32gb version, I'd be all over it.

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm 50% for the Infinty, 40% for the Nexus, and 10% for the toshiba excite 10. I think it's going to come down to availability.

I'd be all over the Nexus if it had a rear camera

Sent using Tapatalk

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
How did you guys get your hands on the Infinity already?

Sent using Tapatalk

I got mine from Office Depot. It'll be delivered tomorrow. They became available this weekend. Lots of places have them available. I was in the process of ordering from Newegg, but I wasn't fast enough.

They're available from Staples as well, if they're not already sold out.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
aefbf8d4-2b7f-6d17.jpg
Gotcha, I'm thinking of giving newegg a try.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last time I checked newegg earlier today, all models and colors are sold out :-(

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol this isn't on topic anymore. The main reason why I'm getting the Infinity over the Nexus 7 is the dock and expandable storage. Also, I really do like the bigger, better screen. But I don't want to be stuck without having a keyboard...I'm going to use the thing to take notes in classes, with the keyboard or a stylus (yeah, Apple. I'm going to use a stylus. Screw you).

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya KillerG. While it sounds like the nexus is a great device, it would be nice to have an 8mp camera, HDMI out, SD storage etc.

I was never a fan of larger tablets, but the Infinity seems like one of those "perfect devices", where its usefulness might be measured in years, not months.

Sent using Tapatalk

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya KillerG. While it sounds like the nexus is a great device, it would be nice to have an 8mp camera, HDMI out, SD storage etc.

I was never a fan of larger tablets, but the Infinity seems like one of those "perfect devices", where its usefulness might be measured in years, not months.

Sent using Tapatalk

Transformers in general I think have a good lifespan.
And don't forget the dock and the amazing screen on it too.

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Sent using Tapatalk

I agree, but with all those additional features I don't think the N7 can be sold at the price point it is now. Having said that, I think there's room for both in the household if the budget allows, otherwise, make your decision on what you plan on using it mostly for. I think the storage options for the N7 is on par if not better than the Kindle. If you need anything more, that's what the Cloud services are for. I do agree a microSD would be nice and should be a de-facto standards on tablets, but its not a breaking point nowadays especially when you can sync, store, and stream all your multimedia content from the Cloud.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the same dilemma. I already had the TF101 and after playing with a 7" tablet, I thought it might be nicer to have the slightly smaller form factor for games and and overall portability. Not sure what i was thinking. I actually think the 10" tablet is a perfect size. For me, the ability to dock, the higher resolution, and ability to expand the storage was the difference. I am not the proud owner of the TF700 and need to now sell my TF101. I could not be happier with picking the Infinity over the Nexus.

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with most of the other posters here, they are different, and each has its own strengths and weaknesses. Happily, I have both, and they both get about equal use. The Nexus 7 goes pretty much everywhere with me, but when I'm just kicking back at home I use the Infinity, can't wait for true Jelly Bean on the Infinity. The Nexus 7 is running bone-stock JB 4.1.1, no "bloatware" at all, which isn't the case on the Infinity. I'd love to get rid of the ASUS bloatware, but without rooting it, no can do.

dr_hfuhuhurr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I have both. The Nexus 7 is great for a reading device (Nook, Google Books, etc.). The size and weight is perfect and very comfortable. Absolutely, everything else I prefer my Infinity. So much so that I've all but stopped using the Nexus 7 (and my wife has taken it from my now). I read on the Infinity and find it a much easier device to use.

Once the Galaxy Note 2 is available I think that and the Infinity will be a perfect phone/tablet combo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non