Help Needed With Memory Cards and Media Files

CruisingWriter

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I?m sure this is a truly dumb question, but I have never before used a Micro SD memory card in my newly acquired Asus Infinity tablet. I want to store both .mp3 audio files and DIVX (.avi) movie files on a memory card, and then play them on the Infinity. Furthermore, I want to copy these files onto the memory card directly from my PC, by way of a USB memory card reader.

My question is, do I need to create directories of a certain name on the memory card in which the mp3 and .avi files will reside, or do I just copy everything to the root directory, or is it my option?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
No offence, but this is exactly the kind of question my mom would ask, and I don't think she should ever use a computer ;P

This really boils down to personal preference. You can put all of the files in the root directory, but it will be disorganized and will take forever to find that one file you want play/delete. Now, if you never plan on searching the memory card for files and instead use an app to display the content, then it might work just fine. A music player would only show the music files and same goes for a movie player app.

For me, I keep content in the appropriate folder just to make it easier to find stuff. Music in the music folder, movies in the movie folder, pictures in the picture folder and so on. A little organization can go a long way to making life a little easier.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87