Sound settings/volume rocker question

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got my new Red Zen yesterday and have been setting up and learning all the new stuff, but one thing has me stumped.

On my old G2 I could hit the volume down rocker and tap the settings (gear looking) button and it would show me all the available sounds sliders. (Ringer, Media, notifications) and I could chose to adjust any one of them as needed or if I hold down the volume down rocker button, the whole phone went to 100% silent mode.

When I hit the volume rocker on the Zen2, it just shows me the ringer, Alarm and media volume sliders (under the "All" tab)but not notification volume option. So how do I get that to show up? I want to have quick access and also make sure that, for example, if I'm at a movie,and I hit the volume down button, that there will be NO sounds, including the text notifications etc. Currently, I can't tell what volume setting the notifications are just by hitting the rocker up/down since all it shows is ringer and media.

So am I missing a setting or something? Any tips on how to show all the volume sliders via the quick sound setting?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I checked and you are correct, the quick volume method you mentioned only gives you a couple choices. You have to go into settings and make the changes there. LG vs ASUS are two different OEM's with different ways of implementing settings. Email them, maybe they will incorporate it into a future update.