Need More Help - ZW3 causing phone and car to unpair!

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I've posted this problem before, but the problem still exists, so asking for help again.

I have a ZW3, a OnePlus 3 phone and a 2013 Buick Encore.

When I had my ZW2, same phone, same car, no problems, everything stayed paired. When I first purchased my ZW3, everything was working fine.

Now, in the last couple of months, the OnePlus 3 and the Buick stay paired just fine; however, when I add my paired watch to the mix, the car and the phone say they are connected and paired, but the car can't find the phone. I must "forget" the car on the phone, then repair them. They stay paired until I turn the car off and back on (when I'm wearing my watch). Then the same thing happens. The watch seems to be causing the problem.

The only thing I can think of to do is to turn OFF my watch before I turn on my car, and then turn my watch back ON when I turn my car off! This is ridiculous!

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is occurring and what I can do about it? Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This can get tricky because of the vast number of car and phone combinations there are, and they're almost all unique. I had a similar issue in that the phone portion wouldn't connect to my car while the watch was connected, but the media portion would, meaning that I could play music from my phone to the car but not make or receive calls. I had to go into bluetooth settings on the phone for the watch and uncheck phone audio. It may not be the same procedure on your phone. And also, you than can't use your watch for calls, but from everything I've read there is no way that you can have more than one device connected for handling calls. Hope that helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help! OnePlus 3 and Car Won't Stay Paired When ZenWatch 3 is Also Turned On

Why is the watch pairing with the car? I would think the watch should just stay paired with the phone. Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Since you have a couple of responses already, I thought it best to merge these threads and keep it in the Zenwatch 3 forum, so that we don't have parallel discussions going on.

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: Help! OnePlus 3 and Car Won't Stay Paired When ZenWatch 3 is Also Turned On

Sorry, I worded that wrong, will correct. I posted in both forums because I wanted some help from OnePlus 3 owners who didn't have a ZW3.

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Pazzo02 - I have that "uncheck phone audio" thing in my watch, so unchecked it as you suggested. I tried the phone and car again with my watch turned on, and phone and watch were still paired, so that's great! I'll check it again tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for your help! I'm hoping for SUCCESS!

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I used my watch, phone and car this morning, including turning the car on and off several times, and everything worked perfectly! Thanks for your help! Hopefully, all will be well from here on out!

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Happy to help. I know how frustrating it can be when things aren't working right. I'm glad that seems to have fixed the issue.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
That's good to know. I wasn't driving my car with Bluetooth in it for a few weeks and so never tried using all of them at the same time. I already decided to turn off phone audio on the ZW3 because it was a bit of a pain, I'm happy just knowing when I have a call and my phone is in another room. So, now I know to keep it off.

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
It's been several days now, and all is well. The phone and car are making nice with each other since I unchecked that "phone audio" thing, so that must have been the problem. It makes sense that both the car and the watch can't handle phone calls at the same time!

I have a new ZW3 since I posted this (see my other thread about dropping my old one) and it's working fine too, so all is well in the car bluetooth department!

Thanks again, pazzo02!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress