Zenwatch has gone crazy

ToeJamm57

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
My Zenwatch has left the reservation. The touch screen will not allow commands to be processed. I cannot change the watch face, pull down the settings menu, etc. When hitting the back button, it won't even let me select to reset the phone. The menu appears but when I try to scroll to the reset option it goes back to the watch face immediately. I'm hoping Best Buy will exchange or give me a refund.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's certainly not functioning properly. BestBuy will only exchange/refund if within your return window (15 days for most users, 30 days for MyBestBuy Elite and above). After that the warranty process should be handled by Asus (but BestBuy can help direct the claim).

Have you checked that there's no water touching the screen? Touchscreens can go a bit coo-coo when there are water droplets on the surface.

ToeJamm57

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Screen wasn't wet. I know what you're talking about, thought because I've seen it with my phone. Surprisingly Best Buy came through. My wife purchased the watch early December as a Christmas present for me so it was nearly 2 months. I exchanged it for the Moto360.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nice choice :) And nice BestBuy service! I'm very much enjoying the Moto 360. Everyone keeps telling me how stylish it looks and they're wowed when I show them what it can do. I just couldn't get past the flat appearance of the Zen watch.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term flat. But it does look 'flat;... plain... unintriguing. But that's just me. Again, that's why I chose the 360, but a lot will also prefer the Zen over it, and many others will prefer a Gear over both... It's just preference :)

Willber G

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Fair point. One of the good things with the Zenwatch, though, is that you can keep the watch face permanently lit to make it look interesting.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That I do miss on the 360. The 'Ambient Mode' is too quirky (it only lights up with slight movement, but eventually it turns back off) and while with the new update it would be possible to last a full day with screen-on all the time (at present, with low/moderate use it can go for 48+ hours), a true always-on mode is not there. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non