Otterbox Defender Case Review

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey I saw that there's another thread on the Commuter Case and there's a debate bout which case people are getting and I just got Defender case so I figured I would post some pics on the Defender and give people who are on the fence between the two. All these pics were taken with the HTC Inspire.

The Defender is made of 4 parts, 2 inner shells with an outer silicone, and the belt clip.

The Atrix compared to the Case
2uy1zjt.jpg

The two plastic pieces also have a screen protector built into the case so you don't have to mess with screen protectors, its an anti-glare but and keeps the screen sensitivity just fine and was even able to Swype without a problem.
166ya9t.jpg

The Atrix inside the plastic shell
n4v6fo.jpg

The Atrix inside the case with the silicone on it.
245exll.jpg

The Case with the clip
htiatx.jpg

Overview, while the case it's self is very thick, I feel like it can take a big drop and I won't have to worry. It collects a lint but overtime I know that will wear off like other Otterboxes I've had. And the screen protector built in the case is nice and fit without any room for dirt to get in.

dejzebmoorbn

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you too can eat cake. With a dremel or some really shape knives, about 3 hours, and a dream you can modify the Defender to accommodate a 2800, 3200, or 4800mAh battery... which the Atrix really needs in order to be useful.

[HLI-MB860XL] Buy Mugen Power 4800mAh Extended Battery for Motorola ATRIX 4G with Battery Door

Pricy, but awesome. The door the battery comes with is decent and fits in the Nite Ize Tal Cargo case:
Clip Case Cargo Tall | Nite Ize

If you prefer Otterbox - iPhone 4 Cases, iPad 2 Cases, Tablet Cases & More // OtterBox.com - As I do, your work is cut out for you since the vendors haven't realized how good chocolate and peanut butter actually taste together. But keep the dream alive. It is possible... just difficult.