Can a 256 GB Micro SD card work with this phone?

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I am getting mix result when I try googling it. On phone comparison sites, it said this phone can only do a maximum of 128 GB external Micro SD while on Youtube, reviewer say you can put in a 256 gb card so I don't know which is right? Even on ZTE own website, it doesn't state anywhere how much SD storage is possible with this phone. There is no conclusive evident or information to how much SD storage this phone can hold so I would like to know what you guys think.

Thanks

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it will work. The phones and cards use the SDXC standard, which supports card sizes up to 2TB. I'm guessing the reason it was advertised with 128gb support is because that's the highest card size most consumers will see for a while.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My guess too, Tom - for a couple of years now. We'll see 1TB cards, and phones that claim to accept only up to 128GB, but handle the larger ones too.

seafoodlover88

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it will work. The phones and cards use the SDXC standard, which supports card sizes up to 2TB. I'm guessing the reason it was advertised with 128gb support is because that's the highest card size most consumers will see for a while.

That would be fantastic because it confusing because this phone came out after the 256 gb card was release so it would be in their best interest to update their phone capability.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a 200GB card without issue. It's not exactly the answer you're looking for, but it's close.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87