Sooooo...what's the next phone you are going to get?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really thought too much about it - I love my Pixel 2 so much! - but probably something from Pixel, HTC, or OnePlus. Or LG.

As you can probably tell, it's hard for me to choose between phones. 🤣

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I'm leaning towards a Samsung Galaxy S9 Active when they come out. Dual speakers and Dolby Atmos so it won't be a step down audio wise.

HotFix

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Well after some reading it sounds like the Active is the red headed step child of Samsung in that even though it's the same specs (just flat screen and bigger battery both of which I prefer) it doesn't have DayDream support or get patched like the regular Galaxies.

Time to go back looking for a replacement.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well after some reading it sounds like the Active is the red headed step child of Samsung in that even though it's the same specs (just flat screen and bigger battery both of which I prefer) it doesn't have DayDream support or get patched like the regular Galaxies.

Time to go back looking for a replacement.

Let us know what else you are considering!

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Since its unknown whether ZTE will return, I was originally hunting for a Galaxy S7 Edge, but have been seeing some very sweet deals on the LG G6 in new or open box condition. I own an LG OLED TV and it's amazing; that plus the now 2 year warranty on new LG phones makes it a good candidate. Not sure if the Axon 9 will ever be seen since the news hasn't mentioned anything about Google allowing use of its services with ZTE.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
For me using the pixesl, in addition to "stock Android", the benefits of a class leading camera, only OEM giving consist updates, only oem taking security seriously, only oem not selling/sharing user data, metal body, USB-power delivery support, class leading performance, class leading software experience, excellent battery life and other features make it a winning lineup for me. But I definitely get some people have other priorities.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Since its unknown whether ZTE will return, I was originally hunting for a Galaxy S7 Edge, but have been seeing some very sweet deals on the LG G6 in new or open box condition. I own an LG OLED TV and it's amazing; that plus the now 2 year warranty on new LG phones makes it a good candidate. Not sure if the Axon 9 will ever be seen since the news hasn't mentioned anything about Google allowing use of its services with ZTE.

I too wanted an upcoming Axon iteration... Hopefully we'll get one!

MisterFribble

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
How about the phone I just got? I just bought an Android One Moto X4, and it is everything good about the X4 with insanely reliable updates. It is great.

AbAll87

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I really want the pixel 3 but I may invest first on the Google watch if it comes out... if not, I'm going straight to pixel 3 . who knows I might end up getting both.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 3 is the front runner for me, but if the 3 XL has a mediocre screen like the 2 XL has then I may look elsewhere.

Plenty of great phones on the market, Google needs to step it up this year.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Pixel's. I've gotten used to Pure Android and just can't go back to skinned Android, even if the specs (and camera) are awesome. I am hoping that the Pixel 3 XL will be, finally, the Pixel done right.

Some Gadget Geek

Jan 22, 2018
Visit site
I personally don't care much about makes or models, I just want the clutter free Android One experience, which I can skin freely. Nokia is really committed to this so it is pretty much what I would opt for... but only when it becomes available on the territory of the Great White North!