Why are there not more threads on the Axon7?

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Haven't people received their Gold Units from the Pre-Orders? It's pretty quiet around here which is kind of weird I would of thought there would be a lot of chatter and people giving their opinions.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered quartz grey so will have to wait a couple more weeks before I chime in. Do appreciate what others have to say so hopefully the comments pick up.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I ordered quartz grey so will have to wait a couple more weeks before I chime in. Do appreciate what others have to say so hopefully the comments pick up.

I'm in the same boat and with other phones coming out I'm really anxious to hear what people think of this device.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had my gold one since Friday and posted a few comments in another thread. I honestly don't think you will be disappointed at all assuming you've read reviews and know what to expect. The audio is good and the camera is outstanding in good light. I had no issues at all with the fingerprint scanner and I can't even get the one on my Galaxy S7 Active to work. You have to take into account you paid $400 for the device. I looked at the Idol 4S, One Plus 3 and Zenphone 3. I honestly think this is the better phone.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to get the gold because I'm an impatient child!

Anyway. I REALLY dig the hardware. I'm still trying to get used to the software, though. Coming from a 98% untouched stock setup, it's no surprise that I am not used to it.

I'm trying to figure out how to disable some of ZTE's Bloatware apps, but ones like Calendar and Messages won't let me. ZTE Locker, the app that pulls pics onto your lock screen is nowhere to be found. Not even in the settings page!

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
This phone is one of the best I have ever used. Except for some software changes that I have to get used to, it's amazing. The build quality is top notch.

Posted via Axon 7

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I wish more people had the phone. Since it's not fully compatible with Verizon right now, it can't be on my list.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I had to get the gold because I'm an impatient child!

Anyway. I REALLY dig the hardware. I'm still trying to get used to the software, though. Coming from a 98% untouched stock setup, it's no surprise that I am not used to it.

I'm trying to figure out how to disable some of ZTE's Bloatware apps, but ones like Calendar and Messages won't let me. ZTE Locker, the app that pulls pics onto your lock screen is nowhere to be found. Not even in the settings page!
What bloatwares are you trying to disable?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I got mine today. It's an excellent phone, with a screen comparable to the S7 Edge, and audio that surpasses any phone I've used. So far, the down sides are:

It's WiFi and cell are both significantly weaker than my S7 Edge, and Nexus 6P (I got the 6P on sale last week and would keep either that or the Axon 7).

I'm using T-Mobile. I used speedtest to check the Wifi signal. It is the same strength as the other two phones on the same floor as the router, but one level down or up in our townhome, and the speed is less than 1/3rd of the other two phones. The Wifi signal also cuts out periodically on other levels on the Axon, but does not do the same on the other two.

I used an app called Network Signal Info Pro to check the LTE signal in my area. The difference in strength is -114db on the Axon vs. -101db on the Nexus 6P, with the lower number being better. Perhaps these are issues that can be fixed in a software update. I'll contact ZTE support tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jcblack3310

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I got mine today. It's an excellent phone, with a screen comparable to the S7 Edge, and audio that surpasses any phone I've used. So far, the down sides are:

It's WiFi and cell are both significantly weaker than my S7 Edge, and Nexus 6P (I got the 6P on sale last week and would keep either that or the Axon 7).

I'm using T-Mobile. I used speedtest to check the Wifi signal. It is the same strength as the other two phones on the same floor as the router, but one level down or up in our townhome, and the speed is less than 1/3rd of the other two phones. The Wifi signal also cuts out periodically on other levels on the Axon, but does not do the same on the other two.

I used an app called Network Signal Info Pro to check the LTE signal in my area. The difference in strength is -114db on the Axon vs. -101db on the Nexus 6P, with the lower number being better. Perhaps these are issues that can be fixed in a software update. I'll contact ZTE support tomorrow.

Very interesting. Mine will be here tomorrow so if signal strength is an issue, I'll just get the Note 7.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
My signal strength bounces around more than the S7 Edge, but it is not that different as far as signal readings on AT&T. Maybe 1 or 2 db difference. Calls connect fine and sound very good. Wifi is the same as the S7 Edge.

mttmks

May 9, 2013
Visit site
What bloatwares are you trying to disable?

Mainly the ZTE apps. Especially the ZTE Locker. I had to factory reset my device last night because it was trying to force a new wallpaper on my screen. After restarting it 5 or six times within 30 minutes, I gave up.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
With all of the iffy reviews that I have seen so far, with the pre-order date for the Quartz model being pushed back here in Canada to 9/9 and with the Note 7 launch yesterday I decided to cancel the Axon 7 and go with the Note 7. Out of pocket price will be about the same however I will be renewing my contract with the Note 7 to get that price. Not a huge deal for me as my company pays my monthly bill (They don't pay for my device though, sadly).

I see the Note 7 as having many extra features with the top ones I think that are important to me are water resistance and wireless charging, the others like S-Pen/iris Scanner/etc. are nice to haves as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11