Pulled the trigger

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Update: I LOVE this phone! Battery life is awesome...on a work day I usually end the day around 40%, on the weekend I can go both Saturday and Sunday without needing to charge overnight. In fact, right now it has been off the charger since 7 AM yesterday (38 hrs) and it is at 51%. I have yet to see any lag. The AMOLED screen is as good as any Samsung. The camera has been great for what I do with it, mostly outdoor pictures of random stuff that my wife doesn't get to see working in an office. I use Nova Prime as my launcher and with its gesture support and the fingerprint scanner I can unlock and lock the phone without pressing any buttons. So far I have had service anywhere that I have had service with any other phone. No dropped calls. WiFi has been flawless.

All said and done. I have no complaints!

*Edit* I've been on vacation this whole week thus the time off charger. I doubt I will charge it tonight, so it will be three days without charge by the time I charge it again.

Last edited:

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
What's with all these different launchers?
Is there anything wrong with the stock Android launcher?
Some has mentioned that it has the stock Android and mifavor launcher.
How do you choose between the 2?

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
From what I've seen, the Axon 7 skin isn't too bad as they've added a lot of extra options and settings you won't find on stock Android. The stock launcher on axon 7 isn't exactly stock Android you'll find on nexus or pixel phones

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
What's with all these different launchers?
Is there anything wrong with the stock Android launcher?
Some has mentioned that it has the stock Android and mifavor launcher.
How do you choose between the 2?
For me the choice to use a different launcher has more to do with having a consistent layout of icons and colors between phones.

To choose between the two launchers stock on the Axon 7, go to Settings>Default Apps>Launcher

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
For me the choice to use a different launcher has more to do with having a consistent layout of icons and colors between phones.

To choose between the two launchers stock on the Axon 7, go to Settings>Default Apps>Launcher
So the axon 7 has 2 launchers right? Android and mifavor.

Which one is better and how much are they different between the 2?

keystone_56

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I typically use Nova on everything, and so far after 2 weeks I'm satisfied with the stock launcher. ZTE did include some useless features IMO, but those features don't seen to drag down performance a bit.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Update: I LOVE this phone! Battery life is awesome...on a work day I usually end the day around 40%, on the weekend I can go both Saturday and Sunday without needing to charge overnight. In fact, right now it has been off the charger since 7 AM yesterday (38 hrs) and it is at 51%. I have yet to see any lag. The AMOLED screen is as good as any Samsung. The camera has been great for what I do with it, mostly outdoor pictures of random stuff that my wife doesn't get to see working in an office. I use Nova Prime as my launcher and with its gesture support and the fingerprint scanner I can unlock and lock the phone without pressing any buttons. So far I have had service anywhere that I have had service with any other phone. No dropped calls. WiFi has been flawless.

*Edit* I've been on vacation this whole week thus the time off charger. I doubt I will charge it tonight, so it will be three days without charge by the time I charge it again.

Have you had any radio issues connecting to wifi or your carrier? I've read that this is the one sore spot for some owners.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Awesome! Mine is arriving Monday. I can't wait. Too bad I'm out of town all week and have to wait until I get back to open it, lol.

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Neweggs return policy right now has extended return date to January 31st which is great. Also, I got $25 off for using PayPal.