new to android, new to nook

osu9400

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
This is a great forum and with tons of input by the members. I am very impressed. However, I've read through these messages and I think I'm more confused now. Is there an easy method to put 3.2 on the nook color without installing an SDK? Can someone point me to the easy install method. Unless it is utterly painful, I do not plan on going back to the Nook stock ROM. The stock ROM is horrible.

odinbr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
You mean Android 2.3 Gingerbread, right? Not 3.2.....

If you want to keep your nook stock, and run Gingerbread off an SD card, here are 2 similar guides you might want to read:
[ROM][CM7] [v1.3] Size-agnostic SD Card image and CM7 installer for SD Cards. - xda-developers
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ba...how-download-install-cm7-run-off-sd-card.html

There are a couple of things to consider though:
Run it off a Sandisk SD card, most other cards will give you problems!

Use the current SD card image v1.3.

Download a CM nightly build from here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution
It is recommended to choose at least 7.1RC1 or a -200 nightly or later.

For google apps, use the 20110828 version from here: goo-inside.me - gapps downloads

This is valid right now, newer versions/releases might change this.

odinbr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is, but read this thread on why gingerbread might be better on the nook color:
Honeycomb and CM7? - CyanogenMod Forum

Also, from Wikimedia:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

Specifically this section:
"In early 2011, Google chose to withhold the Android source code to the tablet-only Honeycomb release, creating a controversy over Google's commitment to open source with Android. The reason, according to Andy Rubin in an official Android blog post, was because Honeycomb was rushed for production of the Motorola Xoom, and they did not want third parties creating a "really bad user experience" by attempting to put onto smartphones a version of Android intended for tablets. Google later confirmed that the Honeycomb source code would not be released until after it was merged with the Gingerbread release in Ice Cream Sandwich."

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like ICS is the ultimate solution for Nook. When do you think this will be avialable?

For a stable? 6 months minimum. It hasn't even been released yet.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez