Stuck in boot loops

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
So my friend just got a new NOOKcolor

we successfully rooted it with Auto-Nooter

I was trying to get ADB to work and decided to reboot

now it just repeatedly gets to "Touch the Future of Reading" screen and reboots

I've 'tried' the 8 interrupted reboots but I have yet to get it to restore to anything

I was able to SSH in to it and tried to fix the BootCnt file per a set of instructions on the web (the commands appeared to work but - I'm still at boot loops)

The last resort is just to return it back to Best Buy and wait till the rest of the Android tablets come out...

but I have to imagine there's a way I can restore it somehow - maybe load a new image on to an microSD card or something....

I've had no problems with anything else I've rooted (3 Droid Incredibles, Droid 1, Droid 2)

Ultimoose

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the power it off, then hold the power and home keys for a few seconds and let go? I used that to restore mine to factory after autonootering it and then needing to exchange it at the store.

tmar23

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you try the power it off, then hold the power and home keys for a few seconds and let go? I used that to restore mine to factory after autonootering it and then needing to exchange it at the store.
This issue is happening to me too. I have a rooted NC on v1.0.2 using autonooter. After a power off. I turned it on and the nc gets stuck in a boot loop at the "Touch the Future of Reading" screen and reboots. I had to use the power + home + Vol Up to get it to reset to factory. This worked, but this 'boot loop" has happened to me twice now. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know how to fix this? Other than this, the NC has been great. I just don't want to have to re-do this process every few weeks... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Will Shanklin

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If you're sure the 8x interrupt boot method isn't working, I'd recommend following the instructions in the stickied restore nook to stock thread. Follow the directions carefully and you'll likely be homefree. It'll require burning a nookie froyo sd so you can adb in.

tmar23

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get back to stock, but this has happened multiple times to me. And it is a pain to have to do this every couple of weeks. Does anyone know if the bootcnt file fix mention above will fix this issue? I am trying to avoid returning my nook?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo