What keyboard do you use?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
What keyboard does everyone use? Stock Froyo keyboard on this device doesn't seem very easy to use at all. A huge quantity of mistakes. Is there anyway to improve it? Haven't had any time to try anything, so just curious.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There are several keyboards to choose from in the market. I'm in between two - "Gingerbread and Swift keyboard".

techienana

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been so busy tweaking Nookie Froyo that I just got around to looking into a different keyboard. I am used to Swype from my cell phone and was really missing it on the NC. I just dl'd SlideIt and started using it today. I really like it since I am used to Swype, but I am going to look into the ones that rushrl mentioned.

justin926

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
i personally like thumb keyboard... it has many different layouts, but i use the 7" tablet layout, it makes it incredibly easy to type in either landscape OR portrait, and it has themes/customization. im on rooted stock btw

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I just bought thumb keyboard and I am liking it. I'm really looking forward to the new version of swiftkey designed for tablets though.

chaloney

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Slideit is good in portrait but its way to big in landscape. Would like it if you could change the size to something like the size it is on a phone in portrait then move it to the bottom right and just use my right thumb. Since I can't do that I use thumb keyboard and like it a lot.

GerryRGerry

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Help! I have now tried to install two keyboards: SlideIt and Thuimb keyboard. I purchased both of them. Unfortunately the only keyboards that I have to choose from when using Nook Color Tools is Multi-touch keyboard and gingerbread keyboard, and only Mult-touch works. I guess I'm glad that at least I actually have working keyboard, but what am I missing about the others, especially SlideIt. I don't find any evidence that either of the keyboards are even on the nook, but I do show that they are installed when I look in the downloads area from the Market. Can anyone provide some help?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey. No matter what keyboard I play with I keep going back to it. The recommended words just saves so much time typing. It has been working great on the Nook.