Rooted Nook; can't log into gtalk or dl from marketplace

doctorbonez

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Got a nook yesterday, and of course rooted it immediately.

I gone through the entire rooting process twice, becoming stuck at the same exact point (I flashed back to original ROM using 8 interrupted boots & returned to factory settings between the roots).

I've gotten to the point of autonooting, logged into my youtube using my gmail address, synced my gmail account, and then went to gtalk to log in but it always hangs at: signing in... and just hangs there indefinitely. When I go to appsmarketplace (fwiw, this is the first time i logged into google app store since ive never had an android device before), I can see the apps, i can search and then click on download/istall, but it always hangs at 'download starting' and never progressing beyond that.

If I reboot the nook, i wont be able to open youtube (it closes as soon as i open it), if i go to gtalk, it also hangs around at signing in... and never progressing further. i can still sync my gmail accounts, i can still browse/search on the app store, but cannot download.

im following the directions to a T but can't figure out whether there is something im doing wrong or what. any help?

thanks in advance!

darchenwar44

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the rooted Nook 1.1.

When I rooted my nook, I did not log into gtalk, as I don't use gtalk, so I can't address that issue, but with regards to the YouTube closing as soon as it is opened, please check the following link:
NookColor Rooting - nookDevs

There's a section on YouTube -- "4.2.2 If YouTube fails to start". I used it and it fixed my YouTube issue.

doctorbonez

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't dl from the android marketplace...

i thought connecting to youtube/gtalk was part of the process of getting onto the android marketplace?

im going to return to stock ROM and try rooting again.. hope 3rd times the charm..

xnewethicx

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Every nook I've done (5 or 6 of them now) I"ve logged into Youtube, then Gmail, then Marketplace in that order, and never had a problem. I don't think I've even seen instructions mentioning Gtalk.

bseblman

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with market apps not dl/gtalk not working. When you say log into youtube, do you have a youtube app already on the nc, or are you logging on through the browser? I have honeycomb running off a microsd card, and I added the market/gtalk/framework/etc. apps also, but that process I followed did not have a youtube app included, so that's why I'm asking. I have just redone the whole process but have not signed into anything yet as I wanted to make sure I did it right this time. Thanks for any help or explanation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty