Why is my Galaxy 5 getting hot and running the battery down?

Vickie Brown1

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
I am on galaxy 5 getting hot running battery down back why

Does not get hot when I am charging the phone but when using the phone I get exploring the internet playing games phone gets hot on the back and on the screen then causing I suppose the battery to run down rather quickly I'd say give me an hour on the internet and my battery will be down to it least 50% all this after doing the last update

Cel72

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: I am on galaxy 5 getting hot running battery down back why

Does not get hot when I am charging the phone but when using the phone I get exploring the internet playing games phone gets hot on the back and on the screen then causing I suppose the battery to run down rather quickly I'd say give me an hour on the internet and my battery will be down to it least 50% all this after doing the last update

Cel72

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site

My galaxy ace 4 is exactly the same after running an update my battery went from 100% to 15% in just 4 hours in my handbag.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to AC to both of you.

First, perform a Cache Partition wipe, good practice after a system software update....note that this will cause no loss of personal data, unlike a Factory Reset, which definitely would. Then use your phones normally for a day, or at least until it's time to recharge, and before recharging, make a screenshot of your battery usage stats in Settings > Battery > Battery Usage. Post those screenshots here and we'll attempt diagnoses. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress