0411 No BBM yet /yawn

DeViBos

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
BBM for iPhone is out for New Zealand and Australia. They're gradually rolling the app out globally. But there's no sign of the Android version and no information regarding the delay, only this tweet from the official BBM Twitter ID obviously directed at Android users:"Hey, at least waiting at home is better than waiting in line ;) #Android #BBM4ALL,"@BBM.

EDIT:
Just tweeted: "Thanks for your patience #Android users! Working hard to get you the real #BBM ASAP. We'll let you know when it's live. #BBM4ALL"

Bleh. Ai Blackberry. Leave as hanging. Gonna sit back and not care when BBM is coming for android en enjoy a good game of GTA5 :p :p :p

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you guys can't wait, just get the leaked version. It's working for everyone

Posted via Android Central App

gulfu

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
found the problem why its not up on google play... blackberyy not able to name the app the way it wanted.. leaked apks was uploaded to play and now blacakberyy not able to get the correct package name..My friend works at bb.. he said they needed to regenerate new apk .... and the developing team is taking time saying they need to test it before release it... and thats the delay..

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
found the problem why its not up on google play... blackberyy not able to name the app the way it wanted.. leaked apks was uploaded to play and now blacakberyy not able to get the correct package name..My friend works at bb.. he said they needed to regenerate new apk .... and the developing team is taking time saying they need to test it before release it... and thats the delay..

What do you mean by not able to name the app/get correct package name?

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

That would kind of make sense. Just a shame its all taking so long to sort out. And also a shame they can't just say that.

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

There have been multiple fake BBM apps put on Play. If one of them is the same as the official file name etc BB were going to use, they won't be able to and would need to rename it, or get Google to remove the fakes.

Still taking a long time though.

gulfu

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
the leaked apk version was uploded to googleplay by some one.. so when bb tried to upload the file it said.. package name already in use.. so they have to regenarte new apk with new package name..

tre10

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Working OK on my S2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1379782337714.jpg
    1379782337714.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 1379782357733.jpg
    1379782357733.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 35

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, here it is 6 hours later. Still no release and 12 fakes at google play store. Disappointed. :/

They are cleaning the Play Store now. They are getting rid of the fake ones. A lot of them are disappearing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
How is it a fail? If people on here are using the leaked version and got it to work?

Because its not the legit copy by the company that made it that people are using. Doesn't mean the app doesn't work, just means they failed to deliver... Again!

As for the actual version people have got to work or claimed to get to work, its hit and miss. I would rather wait til the real one shows up.

Snazy

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They are cleaning the Play Store now. They are getting rid of the fake ones. A lot of them are disappearing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

When I search the Play Store I'm still getting the same results at the moment.

**edit**

I take that back, most fakes are gone. Progress at last. Fingers crossed now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38